Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I don't know how he does it?!?  (Read 2323 times)

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
I don't know how he does it?!?
« on: November 09, 2013, 10:42:51 pm »
I don't know how my cat gets this dirty or if he rolls in mud or what but he often comes back like this  ;D :cat:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: I don't know how he does it?!?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 10:46:27 pm »
dirty stop out!
ours very often come home filthy... :)
Little Blue

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 11:00:13 pm »
I wish our cat would go out and get dirty as she has stopped going out and just lives in the house.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:08:32 am »
I've seen ours rolling in dust but they're black so maybe it doesn't show  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 10:22:20 am »
My Rio (Ginger) is always clean so I don't think he rolls in anything.  :relief:  Unfortunately I can't say the same for the dogs.  :rant:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 10:39:12 am »
Well he's the only 1 of our 4 who goes & does it, the others occasionally come in with the odd bit of oil or tree sap on them & the 1 seems to love picking fights comes back in scars ect but 1 lives in the barn & is never dirty.

This 1 in the picture Norman is the naughtiest & is 1 of the big hunters & catches a rabbit every day & the odd, mouse, shrew, vole & often comes back with a face covered in blood / mud ect. He plays with my rather large dog - for example chewing on him & swatting his tail & the dog loves it. If you don't wake up he'll bite your fingers / toes & swat your face & go under the covers to make you cold. If he wan'ts food or to get in he screeches at you from our porch / kitchen door & of he can't get in that way he can get in the hole in our cellar door by our kitchen & took a great pleasure a few weeks ago running up behind & past me like a rocket up our stone cellar steps nearly causing me to fall! (Don't wan't a repeat of falling down stairs thank you! - for those of you that know I fell down some at home this year tearing all my right ankle ligaments & was on crutches for 3 months!) But he was sat at the top purring & wanting cuddles  >:( :cat: what quirks do yours have? x

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 10:49:51 am »
I live next to a railway line but I can't see it as there is a 10 foot wooden barrier. I am often stopped and warned that Rio is walking on the rails of the track.  Head up Tail straight up, sauntering along - he visits a field of horses half a mile up the road - loves them as he was brought up with them.  I just say I'd rather he did that than play alongside as he'll feel the train coming before he hears it.  Hope I'm right!  :fc:  But there's nothing I can do to stop him anyway.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 10:55:05 am »
One of mine sleeps in the bathroom sink

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 11:22:00 am »
I had a cat that used to go to the train station every morning and walk on the lines, he died of natural causes when he was quiet young, 9 but I also worried about him, I think they find lots of mice and things around the lines......As for dirt, our Yellow lab always goes deep into mud, she always looks dirty until we get home then she is clean again, her coat must be self cleaning!!

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 11:53:35 am »
mine cat used to have a marmite smudge on her nose, where she'd be in the jar if she had a chance  :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS