Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Non typical exit from a wheeled vehicle yesterday  (Read 2013 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
Non typical exit from a wheeled vehicle yesterday
« on: October 13, 2013, 09:39:55 am »
In this case a cart and precipitated by Molly (my pony) taking a non typical route via a 10 ft ditch.  Result, Old John (78) and I flung out and Molly running amok for 3 miles before the NICEST driver stopped her with his car...

I think she is puddle shy... it was sunny but had rained and the combination led to tonnes of reflections off the water.  Add to that, a narrow lane with a deep ditch and when she started, the only way was down :(

Old John has a badly bruised shoulder (I took him round a bottle of brandy last night and he was okay).... but it made me realise he is 78 and not very bouncible.

I have a badly bruised leg, that's fine as long as dogs and cats don't jump on it.... no one yet seems able to explain this to them :(

I've cleaned everything and am waiting for john....because he is going to want to take her out.

She has been lovely, but for the last few weeks has shown signs of wilfulness. 

Other than that, today will be spent cleaning, cooking and indoor painting in homage to my injured status.  I am not going out in this downpour!
I've done l

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Non typical exit from a wheeled vehicle yesterday
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 09:50:00 am »
oops, so glad it wasn't more serious.  :relief: I think she needs a wee bit more schooling  :innocent:- but not in the rain - more puddles to spook her. ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 09:55:01 am »
Yes that sounds like a lucky escape for you both.  :bouquet:   Do take care  :fc:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 10:57:06 am »
It sort of sounds funny the way you tell the story but it must have been quite scary. You were both very lucky.
I take it that Molly came out unscathed?
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 02:21:30 pm »
 :bouquet: it doesn't sound like you bounced too well either. Take care and rest up, tomorrow will hurt  :hug:

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 03:04:15 pm »
Not a scratch on Molly, and the ditch was full of briars (which broke our fall and I was thankful for), nada, nuffink... she cuts herself scratching in her stable... outside in a ditch in full pelt... absolutely fine.  She navigated a busy junction successfully and cantered down a steep hill....

She was a bit skittish this morning with the puddles again, but we'll have to work on her. 

The biggest casualty was the cart, but its fixable and this counts as a very good result.

I am very sore today....but not too bad and everytime I think of Rusty I feel like a wimp.... he drops a limb on the way to the field, picks it up and goes and weeds an allotment.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS