Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is this true? Kittens.  (Read 5474 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Re: Is this true? Kittens.
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 03:45:06 pm »
I am not going to get involved in this thread as I have seen the same sort of topic on many forums I have been a moderater/admin on including Reptile forums.
I have kept reptiles for over 35 years, at the moment I only have the 1 Chameleon , but at one stage when I was younger I had 7 different species of snakes, over 30 different species of geckos and other lizards.
The anti reptile brigade start these rumours from time to time about various different pets but I have not once heard of anyone that keeps large snakes feeding a kitten to a snake.
If it was true why would they only take 6-8 week old kittens ? an adult constrictor can take a feed the size of a goat if it wanted too  :-\
why would they spend a fortune driving around the country to collect free pets when you can buy frozen rodents, rabbits etc at local shops at a reasonable price
believe it or not reptile owners love their pets as much as we love our animals so why would they put a live animal in with their snake and risk injury/death  and expensive vets bills with an exotics vet. Or why would they feed an animal that could be carrying disease when they can feed a defrost that is healthy and bred  for the purpose ?
Graham

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Re: Is this true? Kittens.
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 04:09:14 pm »
Kittens around here are £30-50 for a moggie. (Pedigree are £450 a pop) even the cats home aren't cheap. I'm sure its too expensive, but free to good home, who knows.

I was told of a donkey breeder who sells direct to a zoo, but I was thinking donkeys sell for silly money, ie £800, whereas shetlands are only a fiver, so I don't know if it's true either.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS