Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Oh no, I'm turning into one of THOSE people......  (Read 6735 times)

HappyHippy

Oh no, I'm turning into one of THOSE people......
« on: August 07, 2009, 01:35:09 pm »
...who shows off pictures of their children !  ;)
Well, just the latest one !  ;D

Connor's 14 weeks now and is at the smiley, giggley stage. He's also sleeping from 8 at night to 5 next morning, way hey - the symptoms of sleep deprivation are starting to subside ! But not for long, those teeth are starting to come............ :(

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
Re: Oh no, I'm turning into one of THOSE people......
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 03:25:44 pm »
how georgeous is he!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 03:26:58 pm »
What a wee stoater!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 04:12:08 pm »
That's a great wee double chin - well fed little lad, likes his grub! ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 04:17:09 pm »
That's a great wee double chin - well fed little lad, likes his grub! ;D ;D ;D
Takes after his mum I'm afraid !  ;)

Thanks for your lovely comments  :-*

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 04:18:39 pm »
No offence intended!   :-[ looks like he might be a bit of a charmer though.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 04:30:57 pm »
No offence taken Annie  :-*
He's a greedy little b**ger, I think the amount of milk he drinks just blows him up. Both my girls were the same, but as soon as they got onto solids & started being mobile it just dropped off.
He is a total charmer though, got me totally wrapped round his little finger  :o and definately likes the sound of his own voice too !
I see trouble ahead, in fact, if he's anything like his sisters, it'll be BIG trouble  ;)

Hardfeather

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 08:10:56 pm »
I see trouble ahead, in fact, if he's anything like his sisters, it'll be BIG trouble  ;)

Don't worry...........boys seldom give their mums any trouble. They're much easier than girls to rear, and love cuddles. ;D ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 11:25:57 pm »
Hmmm - I'm not sure about that!  I can remember huge clumpy DMs and jeans at half mast, stripey hair cut to almost baldness and the threat of an ear-ring.  I avoided that one by saying 'yes, dear' and kicking his Dad's ankles under the table!  Seemed to take the fun out of it.

His sister was much easier - just silent insolence and gritted teeth - by both of us! ;D ;D ;D

HappyHippy

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 07:27:17 am »
Hmmm - I'm not sure about that!  I can remember huge clumpy DMs and jeans at half mast, stripey hair cut to almost baldness and the threat of an ear-ring.
LOL this could've been me you were talking about. Except my jeans were also tie dyed, with lots of rips in, only had half my hair shaved of and the rest was either black, purple or red depending on how I felt at the time and 3 earrings in each ear !
I WAS the teenage rock rebel that every parent dreads !  ;)
I'm ready for all that they might throw at me !  ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 08:29:19 am »
I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want  ad infinitum

thats one gorgeous baby

HappyHippy

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 10:48:45 am »
Thanks HM.
Got the 'I want' sorted with the older ones already  ;D, they get told 'I want, doesn't get and if you ask again you'll NEVER get it' seems to work (for the moment! ;))

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 11:14:24 am »
'Them that wants disnae get, and them that disnae want disnae need'  I think that is our family motto - passed down though generations ;D ;D ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 01:14:33 pm »
My mum always said "if you ask, you don't get", and followed it through. She did me a huge disservice. I still find it hard to ask for things I want - and I don't necessarily mean material things. It would have been better to have been taught to ask, but be prepared to accept "no" with good grace.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 04:32:37 pm »
Hear, hear, Rosemary.  Too many people won't ask for help when it would have been willingly given.  How many times do you hear the sentence - 'why didn't you ask me?'

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS