Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: weight gain  (Read 7104 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: weight gain
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 09:34:28 pm »
Ours are like that with dairy nuts too. They never seem to continuely eat dairy nuts no matter how much we preserve. That's why our basic mix is a ewe mix and the dairy nuts are as well as that. With goat mix for the milkers too.

Beth

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 09:49:49 pm »
Does rather give the lie to the generally held belief that goats eat anything.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 06:45:39 pm »
at the minute they have a big bucket or calf rearer nuts (they dont manage the bigger rolls very well) and a separate big bucket of apple chaff with soaked sugarbeet. and adlib haylage. i have oil to add to the feed when i decide which bucket  ::) theres a red rockies salt lick.
caprivite will be ordered next week (from ascotts?) and apart from a high energy molasses (sheep or cattle?) lick i cant see what else i can do.
they get out for a few hours per day to graze and get fruit / veggie scraps. plenty of bananas atm ...lol
i looked at the cow vitamin drenches in the farm shop but it was out-of-date by a year  :innocent:, £30 for a small new bottle but i will have to order it in.
she is costing more than my cows to feed at this rate but she is a little love.

wish i was this skinny  :innocent:  actually out of 6 goats only one is skinny. have i missed anything?

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 10:59:51 pm »
The best place to get Caprivite is from http://gnltd.co.uk/.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 07:58:07 am »
thanks, thats alot cheaper.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 01:24:31 am »
I get a local equine supplier to order mine, so i didn't have to pay delivery. google 'caprivite' and then 'Battles' as a supplier website, they have a list of local suppliers, pick someone near and see if they will order it in. I tried Brinicombes but 1 goat in particular wouldn't eat up, and as I increased the daily amount the others started to play with their food, so went back to Caprivite.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS