Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kerry Hill Sheep  (Read 1264 times)

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
Kerry Hill Sheep
« on: August 18, 2013, 12:03:23 pm »
We've been sorting our Kerry Hill lambs this morning, and have a clear 'keep' group, and a clear 'kill' group, but also have a few in the middle to offer for sale.

2 ewe lambs - these are registered pedigree, but not in my opinion of a quality to breed pure.  They are smaller and narrower than I would like (one was a pet).  However, they could well suit someone who would like some pretty sheep for keeping the grass down and so on, and once they've grown on, there is no reason why they could not be bred from for crossing sheep/lambs for the freezer.  If not sold, they will stay here and just become part of our cross bred flock.

2 tup lambs, they are pure bred, but NOT registered.  Big, strong lambs, but their markings are too dark for breeding pure.  Suitable for crossing - produce lively lambs, quick to their feet, and with their narrow head and shoulders, are easy to lamb.  If not sold, they will be vasectomised and used here as teasers.

No photos just now as I've left my camera at a friend's by mistake, but hope to get it back next week so can take some then.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS