Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cheap insurance for 4x4??  (Read 1990 times)

McFrosty

• Joined Sep 2010
Cheap insurance for 4x4??
« on: July 25, 2013, 12:48:48 pm »
Hi
Need a bit of advice. I currently drive a Isuzu trooper which I use on my smallholding to lug stuff and animals and supplies around and to tow the various trailers etc..  However it is costing a lot of money to use it as a proper car and drive around each day (high insurance and diesel costs).  This is particularly a problem at the moment as my father has cancer and I am travelling to see him each week (three hour drive each way)
Anyway, is there anyway that I can keep the big car for use around the smallholding and a few runs on the roads to get supplies but not pay as much insurance.  Is there such a thing as smallholders or farmers insurance with say a tiny mileage limit on it??  I could then afford to buy a wee banger car to drive to see my dad. 
Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.  I can't do without a car as I am miles from anywhere and as I said have sick family.
Thank you all
Lynn

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
Re: Cheap insurance for 4x4??
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 01:25:46 pm »
i did try those meerkats... and did actually bring my insurance down by half..and got a toy too  :roflanim:

worth a try

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 01:51:44 pm »
I think the shop around sites good for a start, I now have Gladiator and paid £210 fully comp for the Freelander, I have had cheap insurance for years  but then they put it up and say it was on offer for the year, they can be cunning.....

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 10:13:04 pm »
i did try those meerkats... and did actually bring my insurance down by half..and got a toy too  :roflanim:

worth a try

we got our toy yesterday, made the kids day!

try a company thats discounts 2 cars.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS