Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Protected incubator  (Read 2185 times)

donny

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Weymouth, Dorset
  • Do you know this breed??
Protected incubator
« on: July 25, 2009, 12:55:08 pm »
Well, after my failed attemps at rearing duck eggs in an incubator due to failiures, I finally cured it.
I got so fed up with loosing my eggs that I sat down with a drink and some paper and drew a design, I then transfered it to pcb and have been testing it on a spare incubator for the last week, works fantasticly.
What it does is if the mains fails it keeps the incubator going with a battery backup which automaticly cuts in.

So hopefully now I can concentrate on rearing my eggs.

OK, I have finished gassing now....

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Protected incubator
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 06:24:15 pm »
How clever are YOU!!!! Well done!  Of course, now everyone will be clamouring for the details - or have you sent of a patent application?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 08:57:00 pm »
Another way is to have a genny, then if power fails you can plug the fridge freezer in as well.

donny

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Weymouth, Dorset
  • Do you know this breed??
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 07:59:12 pm »
Well as far as a genny goes, I would have to be either awake to know the power failed and turn on the genny, I would have to own one ( i dont  :( ),or some one would have to be here 24hrs a day.

This just switches back and forth to mains or batt when ever it needs to.

No, I have not sent off for a patent but was going to build and sell them but need a CE certificate for it first, but I am always willing to share ideas.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS