Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: eggs  (Read 5925 times)

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
Re: eggs
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 01:11:16 pm »
I may have taken things off topic in using the Poll Tax as an example of the law somtimes being an ass and not alway sensible or justified, but suffice it to say, that the Poll tax was responsible for splitting famillies and was one of the reasons why Margaret Thatcher was so reviled by a sizeable portion of the UK population. Do you remember the Poll tax demonstrations?

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 02:39:46 pm »
I fully comply with the rules regarding my pigs and would be the first to complain about anyone who didn't. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it or refrain from taking the mickey.

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 04:12:12 pm »
I never doubted you Hughesy and like you I think the rules are not well thought out [polite version] but we have to live with them at the moment.
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 09:34:37 pm »
If your chicken lays an egg inside the pen and the man with the clipboard turns up to prosecute the chicken please please phone me as I so need to laugh at him  :roflanim:

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 11:45:09 pm »
To be honest I'm more concerned that the pigs might eat the chicken before she got a chance to lay an egg!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS