Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Started the extension  (Read 7904 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Re: Started the extension
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 10:01:17 pm »
Everything has come to a grinding halt on the shed front !
We where flooded yesterday yet again !!  :(
post and rail fencing washed away, fields coverd in silt  and the 1 ton blocks on the river bank washed down river  so all hands on deck doing the clean up again.
Could be worse, the neighbours got the drive washed away and it is now only big boulders with no way to get the cars out   :o
Graham

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 10:23:59 pm »
That's awful. Do you and your neighbour live on a river bed? Sounds like you do now. How long will it take to get it all sorted?  :hug:

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 10:27:34 pm »
There is a stream runs along side us that is about 6 " deep  but when the water comes down off the fell after heavy rain it changes into 10 ft plus deep and instead of 8 ft wide it is about 40 ft wide  :(
Graham

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 12:10:08 pm »
Not good. Can you not built some defences against it? Does it happen often?

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 02:06:04 pm »
We have put Gabions in , we have built walls from 1 ton blocks and nothing stops it. Its because we are at the start of the river and everything from the fells come down into that part of the river.
In the last few years it has been about 4 or 5 times a year
Graham

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 10:47:01 pm »
That's because of the amount of rain we've had, of course. Maybe we'll have a drier summer and you'll be flood free for a while.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 09:32:06 pm »
A few random pics of it, still not got the pens finished though.
We are very happy with it , 3 pens inside 6ft x 8ft  and you can take the partition out between 2 pens to make a big pen 12ft x 8ft  even better apart from the roof everything else is recycled timber/ply sheets

Graham

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 09:49:33 pm »
Goat heaven great job sokel :thumbsup:

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 09:58:02 pm »
Thanks carl  :thumbsup:
once it if finished the kids can go in and that frees space up for a spotted  anglo and a Kalahari  if I can find either  :-\
Graham

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 10:40:04 pm »
That is very impressive. I'm not going to want to put piccies of my goat shed extension when it's done now. The whole thing would fit in your shed several times over.  ;D

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 10:43:50 pm »
That is very impressive. I'm not going to want to put piccies of my goat shed extension when it's done now. The whole thing would fit in your shed several times over.  ;D
We have learnt from past experiences to go big from the start , our main shed had 2 extensions done  on it ! This was going to be a small shed then a small lean too extension on the stables but it sort of got bigger than planned  :innocent:
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 09:38:04 am »
We have learnt from past experiences to go big from the start , our main shed had 2 extensions done  on it ! This was going to be a small shed then a small lean too extension on the stables but it sort of got bigger than planned  :innocent:

Oh yeah.... rings a bell somehow.... ;D

A Kalahari? Wow!

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2013, 09:35:54 pm »
Yes a Kalahari Red Boer , its going to take some finding one but there is a few breeders have them  ::)
I am on a mission to reach a breeding plan  :fc:
Graham

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2013, 10:52:04 pm »

I don't have the space to go any bigger than I'm going, unfortunately. It will give them almost double the space though and the extension will be able to be patitioned off if I need to separate them at any time.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2013, 07:27:22 am »
Some of the kids in the new pens  ::) Note the spots  ::) Typical its a billy
Graham

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS