Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 97 Leylandi trees  (Read 10896 times)

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
  • www.escapedtothecountry.com
    • Escaped to the Country
Re: 97 Leylandi trees
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 12:07:28 pm »
Probably works out about £50 a tree. Given part of one that fell down gummed up one chainsaw chain, and took me 8 hours the move cut chip etch I can see the man hours that may be required.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 03:11:07 pm »
Sounds comparable to a quote I had to remove three beech and an ash - £1000
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

scarlettoara

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 06:44:23 pm »
i had a quote to remove hundreds of small trees over 4 acres, all about 15ft high. with branches chipped and trunks moved to a handy spot, and no root grinding so stumps would stll be left and they wanted £500 per day for 4 days. i thought that was really expensive but its bloody hard work if you do it yourself without the heavy plant.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 06:47:08 pm »
i think your quote isn't unreasonable for 97 trees for individual large trees (I only do trees away from buildings) i charge £250 plus chipper hire which is about £50 obviously there is economy of scale for doing lots of trees and working in a team.

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 10:05:21 pm »
It sounds a similar pro rata cost to ours. I'ts just a huge sum all in one go but when you realise how long it takes and how much work is involved, it makes sense on an man hour basis - especially if they're going to log it for you too.

H

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
  • www.escapedtothecountry.com
    • Escaped to the Country
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 10:10:31 pm »
To be honest I think the quote is fair.... And a lot less than I expected. Having spent all day Saturday sorting out a fallen piece of one tree I'm all too aware how much work is involved. Lets just say I wouldn't want to do it. A big job for anyone.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 09:40:42 am »
If you can use all the branches up and don't get them chipped that would save some cost. Have you though about using them for hugelkultur beds?
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS