Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What price?  (Read 2000 times)

thenovice

• Joined Oct 2011
What price?
« on: March 20, 2013, 07:38:13 am »
Some may be aware, im now the owner of a surprise litter of piglets! As this wasn't planned, and Im not set up for keeping breeding sows and weaners I am thinking of selling them. Just wondering what price to ask for sow and 6 weaners? She is a 2 year old saddleback (not pedigree), and the little ones are a mixture of boars and gilts, and some are all black, 1looks like an old spots, 1 looks like a saddleback, and some black and white. Approx 1 week old. Any ideas? Thanks

gavin davies

• Joined Feb 2013
Re: What price?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 07:48:24 am »
There was an advert on farming ads last week for a mother and 8 piglets that were 3 weeks old and they wanted 300 pound advert not there now so not sure if they sold or it was taken down not sure if that helps as I am far from an expert and I am sure someone with a better knowladge of this will be able to help you out better than me

Gavin

kja

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 07:53:22 am »
a sow & 10 piglets went through melton begining of the month and reached £195 another one with 6 reached £82 both cross breed litters & around 4 week old.

we can still learn if we are willing to listen.

thenovice

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:05:34 am »
thanks for the replies folks. I know I wont get a decent price through the market, and would prefer to sell privately, because she is a really friendly docile mum with good healthy littluns, and I would want her to go to adecent outside home  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS