Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: First time ive ever seen this!!  (Read 2538 times)

Pasture Farm

• Joined Aug 2011
  • East Lincolnshire
  • Trusty Traca
    • Pasture Poultry
    • Facebook
First time ive ever seen this!!
« on: March 18, 2013, 09:02:21 pm »
A few days ago i had a Ewe give birth to twins, during the night one of the lambs decided to crawl off and hide under the feed hopper, when i eventually found the lamb and reunite it with its mum the Ewe would have nothing to do with it. After a couple of days of bottle feeding and the lamb nicking the odd gulp of mums milk i decided to  remove the lamb and bottle feed it. The next day another Ewe gave birth to twins and i moved her into the pen next to the single bottle fed lamb, after a few hours the lamb had crawled through the hurdles and had started feeding with his two step brothers, his step mum just accepted him and know they all live together, I do top them all up with a bottle twice a day but they are lovely and tubby.
So on this occasion Steve Hants i see no reason to Kill them all this time for now  :roflanim: 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:05:09 pm by Pasture Farm »

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
Re: First time ive ever seen this!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:13:06 pm »
Oh that's lovely. Nice to see a happy ending.

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:27:27 pm »
A few days ago i had a Ewe give birth to twins, during the night one of the lambs decided to crawl off and hide under the feed hopper, when i eventually found the lamb and reunite it with its mum the Ewe would have nothing to do with it. After a couple of days of bottle feeding and the lamb nicking the odd gulp of mums milk i decided to  remove the lamb and bottle feed it. The next day another Ewe gave birth to twins and i moved her into the pen next to the single bottle fed lamb, after a few hours the lamb had crawled through the hurdles and had started feeding with his two step brothers, his step mum just accepted him and know they all live together, I do top them all up with a bottle twice a day but they are lovely and tubby.
So on this occasion Steve Hants i see no reason to Kill them all this time for now  :roflanim:

:P

I managed to foster one of quads onto a twin bearing ewe last year. Seemed to work ok.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 08:49:42 am »
Don't you just love sheep  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS