Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Keeping a Car in the Field?  (Read 11772 times)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: Keeping a Car in the Field?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 06:53:49 pm »
The council in general has no powers to remove vehicles from land - without the landowners permission.

If the vehicles is classed as scrap or rubbish then they may make an order to tidy - but if the vehicle is used and not rubbish - they wont bring a case - if they say they are - its all bluff.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 06:55:34 pm »
I wouldnt worry - its their job to just go round places and discuss things that they can do nothing about legally - its whats fills most civel servants days ;0)

Even if an enfocement is made - it takes ages and cots the council loads - the fact is councils dont have the money.

Keep your car - park it where you like mate.

If anyone came up here and asked me to remove any vehicles - I'd tell them to shove it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:58:31 pm by bazzais »

deepinthewoods

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 07:26:55 am »
I wouldnt worry - its their job to just go round places and discuss things that they can do nothing about legally - its whats fills most civel servants days ;0)

Even if an enfocement is made - it takes ages and cots the council loads - the fact is councils dont have the money.

Keep your car - park it where you like mate.

If anyone came up here and asked me to remove any vehicles - I'd tell them to shove it.

well put.

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 03:04:55 pm »
There is an old landy for sale near us - when we enquired about it the seller told us it has no MOT or tax because he has just been using it on his land for the past few years for agricultural and shooting uses.  So my understanding is that this is fine.

Donna

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 06:04:42 pm »
I left mine at the edge of a wood and look what happened.

Actually we have 3 1950s Fire engines parked in a field behind our neighbours and a total of 10 other cars parked in fields within walking distance of us.
Two are good friends !

www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 06:12:26 pm »
do you not have itinerant scrap metal dealers?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:08:51 pm by deepinthewoods »

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 06:19:41 pm »
There is an old landy for sale near us - when we enquired about it the seller told us it has no MOT or tax because he has just been using it on his land for the past few years for agricultural and shooting uses.  So my understanding is that this is fine.

Donna

It is if it's agric registered, but watch out if it was originally a road vehicle, if it was and it isn't re registered as agric then because of the new requirement for vehicles to either be SORNed annually or taxed and insured continuously, an auto fine can land on the doormat unless you check the vehicles status with DVLA.

Eg our landrover converted to water bowser with IBC bolted to it has to be SORNed every year unless we get round to having it reclassified because it was a road going vehicle until relatively recently,

smiley bucket

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 08:28:37 pm »
DITW when i used "that" word my post was edited when I wasn't looking!
I'd not mind a landy or 4x4 in the field but just old cars, nah, unsightly, and dangerous if you have animals too.
Pay our politicians minimum wage and watch how fast things change.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 09:08:15 pm »
really? ok....

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 09:19:50 pm »
do you not have itinerant scrap metal dealers?

yes, that's better. Bad bad DITW...
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 10:13:41 pm »
well DITW the only scrap metal dealers I have seen are 2 English lads from Kent who have an M reg Ford Transit and bought all my metal and loaded it to illegal limits. How they did not get stopped by police for an overlaoded van that is still (after 5 years in France), but still registered with UK plates, did not get pulled I do not know.
 Cars are frequently left when the driver dies and the partener left can not drive. " of my 3 neighbours have dead cars outside and in the barn. No French scrap dealers I guess.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS