Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: So excited  (Read 8342 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: So excited
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 12:49:09 am »
Items which come free are often not as valued as those we pay for

I wish I could disagree with that, but sadly I think it can be the case  :(

Then you get lovely recipients like Lesley who will treasure it all the more because of the inherent commitment of being 'chosen'  :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 09:38:47 pm »

Then you get lovely recipients like Lesley who will treasure it all the more because of the inherent commitment of being 'chosen'  :)

Thanks for the compliment, SITN.  I suppose some people might give preference to things they have paid for, but not me.  I've always appreciated things however I have acquired them.  Maybe it has to do with the fact that I've never been able to afford luxuries so when I am given something that I would not otherwise be able to have, it becomes very special.

I'm picking up the loom on Tuesday and also being given a raddle and a shuttle.  Woohooooooooooo!

Sorry, can't resist.   :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 06:52:33 am »
MGM did you see the loom on ebay went for £190?
My guild has a weaving day booked at the end of this month so I am going to wait for that to see if I like it or not. If I do its my birthday in Feb  :idea:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 03:31:45 pm »
Sally, no I didn't see that one.  A good price unless it's a Weavemaster.  I wouldn't touch one of those as the waft slackens off very easily and it's almost impossible to keep a good tension.

Think I'll have a lookon ebay for a warping board.   :excited: :excited:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 04:16:18 pm »
There was one in Sheffield but they wanted it collecting.
Mind you, we ought to be able to organise a 'railroad' amongst us TASers, like they do for antique wheels on Rav across the whole of Canada and the US  :D

It's nearly tomorrow  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 04:30:17 pm »
great news!  have fun collecting - and the loan  offer of my wheel for a few months is still open  - should be a bit free-er to deliver next week if you can spare a minute from your weaving ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 09:39:08 pm »
That will be great FiB.  I've around most of the time so just let me know when it's convenient for you.

I'm looking forward to having something else to do other than sit and read or be on the laptop.  I get so bored these days.  Hate being so inactive.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS