Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: gosling with odd eye  (Read 3135 times)

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
gosling with odd eye
« on: May 31, 2009, 06:44:52 pm »
we have a gosling in the brooder that we had to rescue because he/she was abandoned by the mum. his left eye is weird staring up with the third eyelid showing. I'm sure its blind in the eye but any suggestions. anything we can do to insure it stays healthy. it seems happy runs very well over the carpet and garden and is growing well.

lovespigs

Re: gosling with odd eye
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 07:27:57 pm »
God love the wee darling, hope it does ok.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 07:43:07 pm »
In dogs it would be operated on, but don't know about ducks.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 08:16:05 pm »
i'm debating the vet. it does not seem to be in pain seems happy. it was going to be slaughtered at christmas but its now got a name. i would have called it lucky but the last two animals died so its been banned. the 15 year old daughter likes taking him for walks but his dad keeps trying to recover him. we have now lost all the goslings that were left with their parents to hooded crows. 3 in a day was the worst.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 12:01:36 am »
So what's it's name then?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:58:33 am »
musha. dont ask the daughter picks odd names. ive got some drops off the vet hope they help.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS