Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cheapest Oil on Boilerjuice?  (Read 3932 times)

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
Cheapest Oil on Boilerjuice?
« on: October 10, 2012, 10:03:44 am »
Does anyone know if the following site is bonefide?  It looks like a great idea but wondered if people had personal experience.

http://www.boilerjuice.com/

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Cheapest Oil on Boilerjuice?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 10:14:12 am »
I heard that it was owned / run by one of the companies that owns a lot of the firms quoted on it. It doesnt include smaller local firms (tho its hard to work out which are which given the numerous 'local' trade names they operate under.
They were criticised on Watchdog I think for not making this clear - I dont know whether they have improved the site to do so....
It is a useful tool I think but I would make a couple of phonecalls to local suppliers as well (we found a lot of variation and saved about 7p a litre :-O by making a few calls,.

Birdie Wife

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 10:56:54 am »
I've seen that site too - I don't use it so much any more. I keep an eye on it for average prices but I always ring around all the local suppliers to get the best price on the day I need it.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 11:07:36 am »
Just tried it out and they're quoting me £0.59 for a ten working day delivery on 2000ltrs in North Yorkshire, now the big firm that owns all the 'independents' in this area is Petroplus, they still trade on their own names but if you ring any of them in the group they all quote the same price. We used a local genuine independent end of May and got it for £0.56/ltr, we aim for this window as its their quiet time after the end of winter and before the farmers start purchasing to run their corn driers. 2000ltrs lasts us a year.
As Birdie says ring round is the best option.
Mandy :pig:

Mel

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 05:31:12 pm »
I used to use them in my last house with no problem at all.

Hth  ;)

Factotum

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 11:16:22 am »
I check on another website: fueltool.co.uk as I've found this gives more choices of supplier.

fueltool will send an e-mail each weekday for you to get an idea of the the cost of kerosene (and gas oil) in your area.

Sue

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 09:08:29 pm »
I have used Boilerjuice for the last 3 years and always been ok, I check the price with our local oil suppliers first and there has always been a saving through boilerjuice
Graham

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 12:40:43 pm »
We have used them but this time our local firm was cheaper.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS