Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: DIY Wind turbines.  (Read 3795 times)

sophie_aj

• Joined Sep 2012
DIY Wind turbines.
« on: October 03, 2012, 03:59:53 pm »
Hi,

I hope this is ok to mention on here? My partner runs a small workers co-operative that handmake wind turbines based on a design by Hugh Piggot. They carve all the blades etc etc. They also run courses up and down the country that are based on a sliding income scale. They are called V3 Power.

I know that sometimes large wind turbine companies are always there for the sales pitch which seems a bit overwhelming but if anyone wants some friendly impartial advice then do get in touch with Tom.

I just thought it might appeal to many of us DIY-ers out there.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Re: DIY Wind turbines.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:59:33 pm »
Great Sophie

Sorry to rain on your parade but I am still waiting for the Hugh Piggot wind turbine I asked you to supply us over a year ago? Based on my order, V3 power ran a course in Leintwardine in April based around making the turbine and we paid for the materials.

Once the course had finished, I didn't get to take the turbine home. Tom took the turbine parts away for "a bit of final checking.... we'll get back in touch and pop by sometime in the summer to look at the best site for it on your land"......... and that's the last I heard.

We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

sophie_aj

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 09:14:08 pm »
Oh dear that's awful :(  I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm not actually involved in the group itself but I shall see what I can do about that for you. I know it's been pretty much a one man band of late. Did you chase them up yourself at all?

sophie_aj

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 10:48:13 pm »
Hopefully I can give a sharp nudge to help suziequeue. They are not all bad though  :-[ and will be a good point of interest for many I am sure especially as I think many people on here are united by similar passions  :farmer:  :pig:  :chook:

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 06:27:12 pm »
Turns out that Tom was waiting on me to get the planning and I was waiting on Tom to come and advise on the site so that I could apply for planning  ;D

So - we'll collect the turbine soonish and then apply for planning once we've got the site right.

Wind turbines are a bit of a sensitive issue round here at the mo!!
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS