Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is anyone selling free range chickens or free range half pigs please?  (Read 3469 times)

missnearlyvintage

• Joined Oct 2012
Hi all,

I hope everyone's keeping well as the weather is getting colder.

As in my title, I'm stocking up my freezer so is anyone selling traditional free range chickens or half pigs at the moment please? I'd consider beef/mutton/lamb too, but chicken and pork are on top of my list.

I'm in Nottingham, but would be fine mail ordering if not local. I also travel to Lincolnshire a lot so could collect from around there if there are any producers over that way.

I'd like to buy from producers passionate about animal welfare, who raise truly free range animals.

I'm looking forward to hearing about some yummy meat to buy hopefully, the freezer is bare and I'm just not cut out for vegetarianism!

Thanks.

Polished Arrow

• Joined Mar 2012
  • Forest of Dean
  • www.cinderhilllfarm.com
    • www.cinderhillfarm.com
Re: Is anyone selling free range chickens or free range half pigs please?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 05:59:42 pm »
Hopefully someone more local to you will be able to help to keep the carbon footprint of the little beasties down for your freezer, but if not, then we are likely to come up to Nottingham in the new year and could pop a half box off with you then.  I'm afraid the chickens are all accounted for.  PM me if you don't find anyone more local coming back to you  :wave:
www.cinderhillfarm.com

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
Anais Nin

happy larry

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 09:35:45 pm »
Im in Burton on Trent and could fix you up with half a pig if thats any help,only got a few chickens left.Paul

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 01:01:03 pm »
Hi

We are on the south side of Derby, close to M1 J24 / A52 area (postal code DE72)

Early in the new year we will have Saddleback x Oxford Sandy and Black pork for sale. We can have it butchered to your requirements or can make recommendations if you prefer.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Pete
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

NetherBrae

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 09:52:13 pm »
Hi, I have some free range large blacks that will be ready in mid-January so would be able to help if you're still looking. I'm based in Scotland but my butcher can deliver anywhere in the UK for a flat delivery. Either PM me or google Nether Brae to bring up my contact details.  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS