Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Had a break in - Photo Added  (Read 14299 times)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Had a break in - Photo Added
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2012, 06:43:23 pm »

dear CW please dont i haven't stopped laughing about the cucumber in the other thread all day...

bangbang

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2012, 06:44:06 pm »

I have had enough, I completely understand why Plums has left and I'm half tempted to leave myself.
Angry just doesn't cover it.

Instead of anymore members leaving, lets all make a concerted effort to the moderators.... rather than
adding more posts for trolls to gloat over.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2012, 07:04:23 pm »
First of all, we don't have any traveller camps anywhere near our area.  Through our carriage driving we have met a number of travellers, and to their credit, they have never given me any cause to think they are out to steal ....as to who stole our stuff, I really do not know.  I cannot blame anyone, and certainly not the travellers  any more than the next man.
I do hope Plums does not leave because of this remark. 
It started off with me posting about my stolen stuff, and now has turned into an argument, resulting in people leaving.  I wish I had never posted now!!

deepinthewoods

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2012, 07:06:03 pm »
lock it roxy.

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2012, 07:15:47 pm »
First of all, we don't have any traveller camps anywhere near our area.  Through our carriage driving we have met a number of travellers, and to their credit, they have never given me any cause to think they are out to steal ....as to who stole our stuff, I really do not know.  I cannot blame anyone, and certainly not the travellers  any more than the next man.
I do hope Plums does not leave because of this remark. 
It started off with me posting about my stolen stuff, and now has turned into an argument, resulting in people leaving.  I wish I had never posted now!!

Sorry hun, didn't mean to hijack your thread :bouquet: :-*
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2012, 07:36:21 pm »
Plums and Colliewoman  :hug: .  Please do not let the stupid remarks upset you - most folk on here are your internet mates :eyelashes: and we will miss you :'( :'( .  We should all be trying to support Roxy and get her carriage back.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2012, 07:51:05 pm »
Roxy I have posted on your behalf on the Horse and Hound forum which is really big in coverage and membership and also posted the piccy of the cart. Hope that helps - here is the link to the post so you can check you are happy with it.  :thumbsup:
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=563308

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2012, 07:54:55 pm »
Its always gutting having stuff nicked off you - when you have to leave stuff around out of necessity and believe in a certain level of trust.  It really brings a downer on your day and adds to the paranioa of future thefts.  In fact it brings you down for the rest of your life knowing that there are people out there that will take without working for it themselves.

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2012, 07:57:10 pm »
Hi Roxy, Some on here will blame the travelling folk, this is an easy option for the police as they cant be arsed finding the culprit or culprits. My suspicion is, it is actually someone you know and will be of a surprise to you, someone you would never have thought of doing such a thing, but believe me it is going to get tougher out there and nothing will be safe, even if it is nailed down the f*****s will steal it.  :rant:
We have had vandalism in the past and even the culprit's teeth were on our property did the police bother,  nae they did'nt and needless to say i was megga pissed of at their attitude, some are right lazy bastards.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2012, 08:01:58 pm »
crikey this post does attract some fruity language :-J - probably would be described as  'passionate' because of the anger such horrid, lazy mean minded crime rightly provokes in the rest of us.....

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2012, 08:02:20 pm »
Have we to hold the door open for the theieving gits and say take what you like, i have worked for it, you take it, no i thought not, but a great feeling when his heed keeps hitting off the stealcap boots  ;)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2012, 08:10:02 pm »
jonkil has been given a 7 day ban and warned against future racist posts.

I'm not minded to edit the post - it and the responses to it (including this one) signal that we don't tolerate racism or bigotry on this forum.

Colliewoman, I sincerely hope you don't leave because of this - we can only deal with these things if we read them or are made aware of them, so please please will all members report any posts that make them feel this way. :-\

Roxy, I'm locking this thread now, I think it's run its course, and I hope the publicity helps.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS