Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Equestrian Smallholding - price slashed - north Cumbria  (Read 5719 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Equestrian Smallholding - price slashed - north Cumbria
« on: September 07, 2012, 05:14:59 pm »
4 miles away from me, price just halved.

4-bed semi-detached barn conversion, stabling for 15, indoor arena, outdoor sand school, 18 ac paddocks, and more.

Kingwater EQ Centre
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

robert waddell

Re: Equestrian Smallholding - price slashed - north Cumbria
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 05:22:28 pm »
is that the reduced price or the old price    just under half a million :farmer:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 05:25:43 pm »
Don't tell me they wanted a cool million for it originally????? For 500k it may actuallly be sellable... now that riding hall could accommodate a few goats....

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »
i dont have half a million quid but i read the listing with the thoughts of how hard would it be to do something useful with it that didn't involve horses!!!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 06:17:32 pm »
Don't tell me they wanted a cool million for it originally????? For 500k it may actuallly be sellable...
Exactly so.  On the face of it, I think it's now very reasonable for what it offers, so I just thought it might be an opportunity for some TASer...  and by the way, I have been known to hire that indoor arena (by the hour) and would love to be able to do so again  ;) :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 07:17:41 pm »
They've got the same kitchen floor as me  ;D ;D  and it looks like they've already moved out  ::)   :thinking: :thinking: so in the words of the great Phil Spencer 'there may still be a deal to be done' :innocent: :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 08:00:12 pm »
I have been there in the past and TBH I dont think the pictures do the place justice.
If I had the money I would be very  tempted
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 09:55:48 pm »
I have been there in the past and TBH I dont think the pictures do the place justice.
But do riding schools actually make money atm?

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 09:57:29 pm »
depends on area but surely fully serviced livery would make money?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 04:33:01 am »
depends on area but surely fully serviced livery would make money?
TBH, probably not around here.  You'd need to do equestrian events I think - horse-and-owner (residential and non-residential) courses, holidays, 1-day events, that sort of thing.  The locals will come and hire the arena now and again, quite a few would probably come for some instruction if you had a good instructor for rusty adults who just want to enjoy their ponies more, and for working / driving / training instruction, but you won't live on the income stream from local horsey folk alone, I don't think.

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 05:16:49 pm »
I've got my lottery tickets. I would make it a livery and training yard. Wishing. :hshoe:

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 09:37:23 pm »
But do riding schools actually make money atm?
I wasnt there having riding lessons, I have been riding for over 45 yrs lol. Someone I know kept their horse there in livery
The local trecking centre down the road from us is definatly still making money. They go out in groups of 10-15 horses at a time and its busy all week and at weekends its mayhem
Graham

Clairie

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 01:12:44 pm »
Urgh! I wish it was up here!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS