The TAS Smallholding Shop

Author Topic: Smallholding/Equestrian Property For Sale  (Read 1408 times)

SmallholdingForSale

• Joined Aug 2012
Smallholding/Equestrian Property For Sale
« on: August 28, 2012, 02:36:29 PM »
Hello everyone,

I just thought I would share that my smallholding/equestrian property is for sale. It is located in Cornwall, all further information and contact details can be found at the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/PropertyForSale

Many thanks...

SmallholdingForSale

• Joined Aug 2012
Re: Smallholding/Equestrian Property For Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
Also I just wanted to add that if you are not in the market for a smallholding/equestrian property at the moment, would those of of you with Facebook accounts mind "liking" the page to help spread the word?

Many thanks!

SmallholdingForSale

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 10:47:57 AM »
Thanks for your post. But just to confirm, I am definitely NOT SPAM! And I am not some Nigerian asking you to put money into my bank account.  ;)

This is a genuine sale of MY smallholding/equestrian property in St Austell, Cornwall for £350,000. And I am a genuine smallholder that did belong to this very forum previously under a different username.

I am happy to answer any questions and provide further information here if anyone is interested.

Thanks again...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:49:48 AM by SmallholdingForSale »

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 10:48:53 AM »
You need to say how much land you have 2 or 3 acres or thereabouts is no good. It's 2 or its 3 or its whatever. :idea:
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

SmallholdingForSale

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 10:59:12 AM »
Thank you for your question, this and more is all explained in the facebook page as well.  :)

It is 2x 1 acre paddocks (approx) that adjoin a 3 bedroom modern detached home. The total plot size, front garden, side access, rear garden, driveway, garage, home and 2 paddocks totals approximately 2-3 acres.

The exact boundary and acreage can be seen during a viewing and will be confirmed as part of the buying process by a solicitor. I am saying approx for all figures, because I don't have the exact legally binding figures to within the inch, and don't want to misrepresent the acreage, but rest assured that I am not trying to manipulate the figures and pass 1 acre off as 3 acres! Hope this helps to clarify?  ;D

For info, I have kept a flock of rare breed sheep on the land (pictured in one of the photos), the grass is excellent quality and fast growing throughout most of the year thanks to the mild Cornish weather and it is able to sustain far more livestock than the equivalent land in more exposed or northern areas, particularly with rotation and supplemental feeding. I have recently sold my flock of sheep and now rent the land out to a local lass who keeps 6-10 Shetland ponies on the land for £100 pcm. The lady is aware of my intention to sell the property and is contractually obliged to leave under 1 months notice, which I would do as part of the sale in order to achieve vacant possession, however I know she would be interested in staying on under a new owner if they didn't want to make immediate use of the land, so there is the potential for immediate rental income if desired.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:11:19 PM by SmallholdingForSale »

smiley bucket

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 10:13:42 PM »
http://acme.com/planimeter/ might give you a more accurate idea, just keep zooming in till you find your place, then clear any points you've made and pin them round your boundary.  Made a pretty accurate job matching my place to the Land Agents brochure. Good luck with the sale, I'd worry that up to 40 little hooves on wet ground at this time of year might stop it looking its best  :gloomy:
Pay our politicians minimum wage and watch how fast things change.

SmallholdingForSale

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 08:57:07 AM »
Thanks for the link. Judging by the measurements given on the site provided the 2 paddocks are both approaching 1.1 acres each and the total plot is just over 2.6 acres. Which confirms my approximate measurements of around 1 acre per paddock and 2-3 acres for the entire plot. ;)  However I should remind you that these measurements are not legally binding and the total acreage will need to be confirmed by a solicitor. If anyone has any concerns about whether the acreage is enough for their requirements, but they are genuinely interested, then they are more than welcome to request particulars and arrange a viewing etc. Also we are in a rural area surrounded by farms and smallholdings and I'm sure that if required additional grazing could easily be rented nearby, however I have personally never needed to do this.

I seem to have received a couple of comments regarding the acreage and I just want to be clear that I'm not trying to present this property as a commercial farm or imply that it has more land than it does, however if anyone is looking for an immaculately presented, low maintenance, modern property with no work required and a few acres of adjoining land for hobby farming/cottage industry/generating low carbon energy/small scale business (well-being centre/campsite etc)/potential development etc then this is the ideal property and it provides loads of flexibility and potential. Please bear in mind that this is priced competitively and realistically to sell, you could purchase a similar house on a similar cul-de-sac in a similar area in Cornwall with no land and pay the same asking price.

Thanks for the comment, the grass is very lush and good quality, there is an abundance of clover which helps to fertilise the soil and we have mild winters so the growing season is longer. The land is slightly sloping and has good drainage in both the lower corners where the water runs off the land, so the land never gets saturated. The paddock currently resting is approx 1-1.5ft grass length, the other paddock is 0.5-1ft length, there are currently 6 Shetland ponies on the land but this number fluctuates depending on available grazing and the ladies requirements. The land has previously supported cattle, horses, sheep and chickens although not all at the same time and the grazing has not suffered with any long term effects as I have always ensured that livestock is rotated to rest the other paddock. I have also managed the land organically where possible, although it's not certified as organic, I never use artificial pesticides or fertilisers etc - I have used crovect on the sheep for flystrike protection and all livestock has been wormed orally in accordance with their individual requirements, however that is the only chemicals that has been on the land in my ownership.

As I say in the Facebook page, I know my property better than any estate agent and I am happy to have an honest chat with anyone who is genuinely interested in the property...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:24:35 AM by SmallholdingForSale »

Jac

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 11:06:32 AM »
Hi All
That link is a fab toy, I could be here all day playing!  :thumbsup:

smiley bucket

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 08:57:26 PM »
Grass is quite long and ponies will trample it, just to keep it looking tip top could you have it cut and baled, even if its just baled right after cutting and put in corner to compost it will keep the field looking very tidy.
Bet those Shetlands are like little tables with such good grass and nice climate!
Pay our politicians minimum wage and watch how fast things change.

SmallholdingForSale

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 09:22:30 AM »
Thanks for your comment, the ponies are managing very well thank you, the land and ponies are in tip-top condition. You are welcome to view the smallholding and run it as you see fit when your offer is accepted and you take possession.  :D

For info, in the past we have had the fields cut for hay when they were resting between livestock and we got 19 large round bales out of the 2 paddocks.

I forgot to mention that there is mains water connected to one of the paddocks with an auto-fill trough, this could easily be extended to run to another auto-fill trough in the adjoining paddock, if required. There are loads of options though, you could use rain water harvesting from a field shelter or have totally different uses in mind for utilising the land.

I also wanted to say a huge thank you to those of you that have liked or shared on Facebook...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:28:56 AM by SmallholdingForSale »

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »
thanks for the link :thumbsup: great fun.  Good luck with your sale :fc:

SmallholdingForSale

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 11:36:08 AM »
Just another quick plea for those that have facebook accounts, would you mind liking my page to help raise awareness of the sale? Many thanks for all your help...

Price Reduced Smallholding / equestrian property for sale - Lancashire

Started by slipinfarm

Replies: 8
Views: 1921
Last post October 02, 2013, 11:29:35 AM
by sweet_lfa
Equestrian Property/Small Holding for sale in Norfolk

Started by The Irish Shepherd

Replies: 2
Views: 249
Last post June 05, 2013, 11:21:17 PM
by The Irish Shepherd
Equestrian property wanted

Started by kwd22

Replies: 6
Views: 549
Last post November 01, 2013, 10:21:36 AM
by doganjo
Property for Sale Lancashire 2 acres horses smallholding chickens

Started by Homebird

Replies: 0
Views: 522
Last post July 09, 2012, 03:11:35 PM
by Homebird
Equestrian Smallholding - price slashed - north Cumbria

Started by SallyintNorth

Replies: 12
Views: 977
Last post September 12, 2012, 01:12:44 PM
by Clairie

Forum sponsors

Thomson & Morgan G.J.W. Titmuss Scottish Smallholder & Grower Spring Gathering Smallholder Shop Innovative Timber Structures Load Handler

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2014. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS