Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Farrowing sow  (Read 20430 times)

NicAlford1234

• Joined May 2012
Re: Farrowing sow
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2012, 09:20:37 pm »
I'm sorry to break your new rule but what happened to
everyone is entitled to contribute to this forum
?????  ???

I will not keep quiet when someone is being, what I can only describe as, victimised. Yes, Robert helped, as did Mandy, but because I have had run-ins with them both, I am less likely to see what they say as
a bit of banter

Now I am quite happy to apologise, but only after I get an apology from Robert for calling me stupid, petty and vindictive. When, yes I made a snide remark - which I did in order to show Squinky a helping hand, but I also gave an answer. Which is better than what you have done, because I highly doubt that asking whether someone's pigs are pedigree will help Squinky in any way, shape or form in getting the thought and experiences he required.

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2012, 09:26:31 pm »
You know, I now cant be f***** with this pettyness with you.

NicAlford1234

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2012, 09:28:13 pm »
I don't care about the spelling, it just irritates me the fact that you don't know when a sentence starts or finishes!? Am I being completely ridiculous, or is that not the point in using a simple '.' ?!

Ha! Good one Princess Piggy,  :roflanim: but how about, I respect my elders, when you treat people with equal respect for just proving a point. I will treat people with the respect they deserve, and that depends on how much they give me.

Off you pop then Lill.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2012, 09:31:42 pm »
Ok, ENOUGH [/size]this is getting out-of-hand.[/size]
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

robert waddell

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2012, 09:44:51 pm »
well you said i could not spell  so what do you expect        thank you for flagging up the initial thread that got you jumping   wrongly in the first place      go back and read that thread in its entirety   now no speed reading  take it all in  i have   and from your description of the problems you were facing or created yourself    i only asked  is pig keeping really for you    Mandy asked you if it was footrot   i only said i have not had footrot in a pig  and i live in Scotland and it is not just one breed i keep i have had several

it could be your age  if you were not computer literate at 16 i would be surprised     incidental my 5 children can run circles round me with the computer    and when my oldest son was at university it amazed me his typing  no sorry his keyboard skills           i am slightly older than you at 59  some of your posts contents show your lack of maturity 

if you post what you have done wrong with your pigs it is only natural to assume that some will criticise your level of stock manship you are not the first educated person to come on this forum spouting off when you have failed to read all the posts and had to be corrected    all the books in the world will be of no use to you if you get mixed up with who said what

far to often with animals intelligent people just don't have it to look after animals and it is the animals that suffer through    i did not think of that  or i did not think that would have happened
pigs eat carrion  they used to use them to get rid of the dead animals on farms

NicAlford1234

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2012, 10:03:36 pm »
But it wasn't just that thread, you asked me whether I should really think abut expanding my herd etc. on another post.
I'm sorry for calling you illiterate, but like some people get annoyed with gilts and boars being called girls and boys, but when I can't understand the answer, I can't know whether I am doing the same thing. Now I am not going into that former post, but I was obviously naive then to believe that asking for help with my ill sow would result in help, not victimising. I know everyone is very passionate about pigs and they all have opinions, but sometimes people go too far. I admit that some of what I have said today may have been childish, but it is still no excuse to insult someone like that. And I don't see how it is fair that a Senior member or Hero member can be supported, when you are 'slatting' me, and Squinky.

Now I know first hand that a litter will be eaten, but I do not know whether this was an alive litter, or a dead one, and I never will. So how am I supposed to know that these pigs will, when I don't know how docile, friendly and clingy they are.

But Robert, you don't know a thing about me, all you know is that I'm a 16 year old boy, who breeds OSB's and has had one or two problems in the past and isn't one to let snide remarks past. I may be educated or intelligent or whatever you call me, but I have made mistakes, as we all have, but I have help along the way. A local pig farmer comes and gives me a hand if I ever need anything and will always support what I am doing, and also, I live on a farm, where I know , and my dad knows what the life of an animal should be, and when they are suffering.

So; I apologise to Robert, for making the snide remark in the first place, when I could have/should have, just kept my relpy to an answer, and then criticizing your replies. I also apologise to Lill, for my remarks, which may have been seen as immature, but for future reference for anyone, I will not tolerate being insulted, and I will not go down without a fight.

Also, sorry to Squinky, because although he may have got his answer, he did not need any of this.

:bouquet:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:09:25 pm by NicAlford1234 »

robert waddell

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 10:43:29 pm »
i reply to so much on here with various subjects  and all answers i hope are helpfull      i don't give hugs and kisses as i have just the one face i do not have more faces than the town clock
but i do hope that people will read the posts in there entirety    if people have a problem with punctuation  then maybe just maybe by reading my posts twice it will penetrate and be instilled in there memory
i try to give helpfull answers to queries  and never have done forty words of crap when two will Sufis       i particularly despise people quoting either one word or several then taking them out of context     this is usually used as leverage to get that posters view over or belittle the original poster
you are correct i know nothing about you similarly you know he haw about me   but when i was your age i was running the family farm   the details and circumstances are irrelevant  to others

pedigree is the way forward with  pigs others will disagree   but it is important to me   far to often mongrels are sold as pedigree and you can see the disappointment when people willing to go down that road have been duped

any questions i asked both from yourself and the originator of this thread were as i see it relevent far to often the ask-er gives the briefest of detail and as the thread develops the answers change and can change dramatically  so much that the first answers are way of the mark  and can make some look as not knowing much

first it is one thread that you complain about the answers now it is another     maybe the second thread was answered with the first thread fresh in my memory 

if by giving you answers to your quires can be regarded as slating you  then i will stop giving others the benefit of my limited knowledge

it may surprise you and others just how many posters both Lillian and myself know and have met and what can be construed as snide or being cheeky is just friendly banter and if ever there was a case in point for the bale counter to get its strings cut this is it

and to you nicalford 1234 and anybody else out there with a pig problem do not hesitate to ask because with pigs speed of action is imperative for there health and your wealth   no point in saying you have done a grand job when the opposite is true :farmer:

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2012, 11:15:16 pm »
I would just like to add to this that I think both Robert and Lillian should be ashamed of the way they are posting and are doing themselves no favours.
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

robert waddell

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2012, 11:29:50 pm »
i would be ashamed if i had done or said what i have been accused of  and that is the crucks of it  go back and reread the posts and take in all that has been written
Lillian will answer for herself :farmer:

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2012, 12:21:33 am »
...and here is a prime example of why I (and I'm sure others) choose not to contribute to this forum any more!!!

There are three people on this thread on my "ignore list" (work it out for yourself!) and I suggest others use that function too, it saves wasting our precious free time reading this nonsense!

Some people just cannot resist trying to have "the last word"...can we just end this thread now as I for one am fed up getting messages that someone has posted a reply!!!!
Please???  :(

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2012, 07:12:48 am »
I don't post that often as I have limited experiences and reply to offer support when needed.
 :bouquet: :bouquet: (not sure what my post count is but been a member for quite a while)
or if i have had experiences.
I have read all the posts (as I will be farrowing soon and want to learn as much as possible)
Can EVERYONE stop picking on robert and Lillian. Just because they give you facts and not dressing it up - is fine. block them if you don't like it (altho' you will miss out on a wealth of experience).
it wasn't robert who got personal and from what i have read is defending and responding to personal attacks on whether educated or not and whether they agree.
the original poster got very defensive......both to Mandy and robert.. I wonder why as they have asked for advice or the offer of sharing experiences....... thats what was replied
others have just jumped on the band wagon ........
Please can this be stopped now
and the topic closed DAN

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2012, 08:18:22 am »
Jeez, following reports from several members I've spent more time than I need to on a Monday morning reading through this and I'm struggling to find anyone who comes out of it with much credit. It's like the playground, just listen to yourselves. >:(

Without going into the fine detail, Squinky, Lillian, NicAlford1234, and anyone else who feels they are invested in this thread, I suggest you all read over it again carefully and see if you can't work out where you might have responded differently to prevent this degeneration. Treat it as homework. If you're all happy with what you said and happy with the outcome I suggest you might want to find another pig forum to post on. >:(

This forum is not a free-for-all. It is not run on the basis of 'anything goes'. It belongs to Rosemary and I and all those members who share our view of what it should be like. If you need reminding of what that is please read:

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=25459.msg248177#msg248177

This thread is being locked. If any of the contributors want to raise grievances please PM me.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:47:46 pm by Dan »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS