Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What price - Hay??  (Read 7105 times)

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
Re: What price - Hay??
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 08:46:22 am »
Clydesdale - Hi...my sisters supply is a local private one...with a limited supply! so unfortunately he wont have any spare. I looked at the possibility of getting from him or others in the area...but by myself, I could not justify the transportation costs down to Tayside. As a BTW, i think next year i will look at getting together with other folk and pricing out a large delivery!

But, you can always use the price info here to get your other contacts to drop their prices a bit. She also will be getting big bale haylage at £15/bale delivered.....she has four large TBs to feed so it makes sence for her.
HTH Emma T
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
Re: What price - Hay??
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 09:20:20 am »
Horsey area here cheapest is about £5.00 small bale dearest so far is £7.00 from agri merchant, we're down in New Forest

Blimey - I've seen it for £2.50/small bale up Coombe Bisset way. Last year was a fiver, maybe people are trying it on to see if they can get that again.....
Yep they try it on round here! you can get it cheaper if you buy off the field but still have to have trailer or box to pick it up with so if we want delivered in hay i think it's the transport we pay for now.
We make our own haylage for the sheep.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS