Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Agritech Doppler – SPECIAL OFFER - Offer Still open Feb 2013  (Read 13534 times)

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
Re: Agritech Doppler – SPECIAL OFFER FOR TAS MEMBERS
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 04:49:49 pm »
Mine is being delivered tomorrow and at the weekend we are collecting our sow who has been running with a boar so I'll let you know how I get on early next week!

I'm afraid it won't be until next week when I can report out as above .... due to my car breaking down at Heathrow on Saturday morning I was unable to collect our sow.  :gloomy: :rant:
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 10:05:00 pm »
This afternoon we collected Elsie (our OSB Sow) who has now been running with a boar for 10 weeks. 
Some may recollect that we purchased Elsie being In Pig but after waiting and waiting for her to farrow we realised that she was not and never was in pig in the first place.
So, she has now been away for 10 weeks and armed with The Doppler we collected her today.  After loading Elsie in the cattle truck we tested her .... initially I heard nothing (remember this is the first time our Doppler has been used in anger).
We then tested a sow that is known to be in pig and due in about 7 days time.  Straight away we heard the sound indicating that she is (as we knew) in pig.  Our friend (whose farm we were at) also listened and heard the sound too. Having confirmed the correct location at which to 'test' we re-tested Elsie and although the sound was not as easy to locate and not as distinct, we both believe we heard the sound, a positive indication that she is in pig.  :fc:
So, we have now brought Elsie home and although we will be re-testing her again in a week we are pretty confident about the result.
Had Elsie not been in pig very soon we would have been filling the freezer with sausage and bacon but we now hope that finally we will be hearing the sound of little trotters.
So ... as long as time and experience prove us right, the Doppler was worth while for us ... but its everyone to their own .....

Pete  :)
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 10:44:10 am »
 :fc:  for Elsie. Looks like you're going to be Busy come Xmas time!
Mandy  :pig:

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 10:54:12 am »
Thanks Mandy,

All being well we will be busy!! Its not the farrowing time we would have chosen but the priority was establishing if Elsie had become barren or not.  In future we'll aim for better timing ..... well ... that's the intention at least!!  :innocent:

However .... given that she had been with the boar since 10th June she could be due much sooner, I will keep you all informed.

Pete
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 01:33:08 pm »
Just thought I'd let everyone know that the offer is still open .... I was recently contacted for details of how to obtain one and yesterday it was delivered ... so if you are interested PM and I'll give you details.

Pete
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

jellybean

• Joined May 2012
Re: Agritech Doppler – SPECIAL OFFER - Offer Still open Feb 2013
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2013, 04:47:10 am »
I must admit it is an interesting suond... mine is used just like an ultrasound and you run the device over the soft skin with the help of paraffin oil, no need to penetrate the sow.  Just squat down in the yards and work from just below the belly and to the rear of the sow.   Makes an interesting afternoon for a group

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS