Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Agritech Doppler – SPECIAL OFFER - Offer Still open Feb 2013  (Read 13569 times)

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
Agritech Doppler – SPECIAL OFFER - Offer Still open Feb 2013
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:25:58 pm »
 All,
Following various discussions on the forum about Dopplers, I have for some time been contemplating purchasing one. The one that came out on top (as far as I can tell) is the Agritech Doppler but it isn’t cheap.  I contacted Agritech who sent me a DVD (free of charge) showing how to use it and what to listen for and I was convinced.
I always like a bargain so I’ve negotiated with them a special offer that is open to all TAS members.  The normal price for the External Agritech Doppler suitable for pigs, sheep, goats and camelids is £345 + VAT coming to a total of £414
The price for TAS members (until further notice) is £295 +VAT coming to a total of £354 with FREE POSTAGE and PACKAGING.
If you want to read more see http://www.agritechdoppler.com/index.htm
Needless to say I have just ordered one.
The offer is only available to registered members so if you are interested please PM me and I will tell you exactly how to obtain yours for this price.
Other than negotiating this deal, I have absolutely no connection with Argitech and I am not on commission for sales through the forum.
Pete
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:34:38 pm by P6te »
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

HappyHippy

Re: Agritech Doppler – SPECIAL OFFER FOR TAS MEMBERS
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 03:41:00 pm »
Oh, if only I had £350  :(

Would anyone in Scotland like to join up and do a 'doppler share' scheme ?
If we could get say, 7 people to all contribute £50 each it makes the prospect much more acheivable  ;)
If anyone is interested, just drop me a pm  :fc: :thumbsup:
Karen

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 03:43:12 pm »
Oh, if only I had £350  :(

Would anyone in Scotland like to join up and do a 'doppler share' scheme ?
If we could get say, 7 people to all contribute £50 each it makes the prospect much more acheivable  ;)
If anyone is interested, just drop me a pm  :fc: :thumbsup:
Karen

I'll go £50 with you. And I'm VAT registered so can claim the VAT back.

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 04:10:05 pm »
you would only be able to claim the vat on your portion of the purchase    either that or you you are leaving yourself wide open for a vat inspection   and penalty's imposed :farmer:

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 04:48:42 pm »
But if you don't tell I wont :innocent:

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 06:21:12 pm »
That's a very good price. A share scheme is a great idea. Of course, you have to make sure that everyone respects the equipment and uses it properly, and I suppose you would have to have some kind of insurance in place for accidents, etc - or would the individual's own smallholding insurance cover it? Just a thought.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:24:48 pm by Tudful Tamworths »
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 10:34:52 am »
I might be interested in a share of this. But how much skill and training do you need to use this?

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 10:52:46 am »
Hi Simon,

Mine is being delivered tomorrow but judging by the DVD a positive result is clearly detected. Mine is being delivered tomorrow and at the weekend we are collecting our sow who has been running with a boar so I'll let you know how I get on early next week!

If you call Agritech on 01243827840 (tell them you've seen about them on TAS) and ask for information / a DVD to be sent in the post I'm sure they will oblige.

Pete
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 11:11:20 am »
Pete
Just a note to say doppler isn't usually able to detect pregnancy for certain until around the 6th week, any earlier and its usually bladder noises you can hear!
HTH
mandy  :pig:

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 11:22:56 am »
Thanks Mandy,

When we collect her she will have been with the boar for 9 weeks so if she is in pig and if she was caught early on I'm hoping to be able to detect a positive 'noise'.

I believe testing a sow vs a gilt is a bit different so any tips are welcome ....

Pete
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

HappyHippy

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 11:23:17 am »
I was just reading their site (funny how great minds think alike  ;)) and it says on there that there's a 'contour probe' that is used and can actually detect from day 16 in pigs  :thinking:

I'm going to start a seperate thread, as I've just realised it might be of interest to sheep & goat owners too  ;)
But if anyone's interested drop me a pm and I'll keep track of everyone and get something organised  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:14:38 pm by HappyHippy »

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 11:38:33 am »
Hi Karen .... I've sent you a PM

Pete
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

robert waddell

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 11:45:14 am »
CAUTION   inexperienced people going about inserting probes into pregnant animals never mind transferring this equipment from farm to farm and the possible spread of disease IT JUST WONT BE ME       what the rest of you do is up to yourself    by all means get one but keep it on the one holding    the uncertainty is in my opinion down to bad management and husbandry    which in its self deserves a thread on its own   :farmer:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 12:12:05 pm »
Robert agree on the caution re using probes on pregnant stock and would not advise it for the layman always get the vet for anything like this.
However if the equipment for scanning/listening is well looked after and sterilised/cleaned before and after each use i see no reason why it should not be a cost affective project afterall the vet uses the same doppler on lots of the different farms he visits. The only difficulty i see if actually getting people to return it complete with all its bits and retuning it as it is found.
just my opinion.
mandy  :pig:

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 12:12:12 pm »
Could reply to this, but folk would not like the reply, so i will just keep it to myself.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS