Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Some people are pure evil!  (Read 40901 times)

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
Some people are pure evil!
« on: August 01, 2012, 02:29:41 pm »
Last night (Tuesday 31st July) at 9pm 3 men in a white van pulled up outside my house. One of them opened my side gate went into the garden and stole my black and white pygmy goat called Bella. They then returned 30 minutes later to try and steal our horse. The white van had 2 ladders on the roof and had the registration EK09 EPD. If anyone has heard or seen anything please call the police, we have filed a report and they are looking for her. We are all devastated Bella has gone, she is part of our family. If you can help by telling our story or at least passing on the information to friends and family in the Brentwood, Essex area please do. We think they came for our horse so won’t be prepared with goat food or correct goat enclosures so she may end up starving, escaping or being mistreated. Please, PLEASE call the police she will be making a right racket being separated from us so you will hear her.
We have been told that Ramadan is nearly over and goats and sheep take a high price this time of year. Makes me want to be sick  :'(
Miniature Falabella, Pygmy Goat, 2 Glouster Old Spots, 1 Long Island Red, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Dark Sussex, 1 Silkie, 1 Magpie Duck and hopefully some more chicks and ducklings due to hatch soon!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Some people are pure evil!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 02:31:30 pm »
That is awful.  I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.  I hope you get Bella back soon.   :bouquet:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 02:32:42 pm »
How auful Warescot Farm - do I have permission to add your plea to my pygmy goat website and FB page - thinking of you Clare
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 02:35:48 pm »
Yes please Clare we are desperate to get her back, please spread the word as far and wide as you can. Brentwood police are the ones searching for her, with no luck I might add :(
Miniature Falabella, Pygmy Goat, 2 Glouster Old Spots, 1 Long Island Red, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Dark Sussex, 1 Silkie, 1 Magpie Duck and hopefully some more chicks and ducklings due to hatch soon!

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 03:01:03 pm »
How horrible :-(((( will put it on fb but don't think anyone is in that area. Still, might be able to share.

Helen

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 03:22:18 pm »
I have cross posted on the Horse and Hound forum as there are many tens of thousands of peeps on there so will be a lot on that area, and horsey peeps are used to looking out for dodgy characters. I really hope you have good news, so sorry this has happened. Hopefully it isnt Ramadan linked given the horse theft attempt part and perhaps it is itinerants looking to make a quick buck selling them on - which hopefully means they might be recovered.
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=553420

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 04:26:04 pm »
Response from FB - Jane wrote: "A few weeks ago, in the Staffordshire Moorlands, it was reported that Gypsies (or Travellers) were in the area targeting mainly horses. A white transit van was mentioned then. This may be info the Police could look into? The best of luck.x"
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 04:38:19 pm »
Thanks everyone x

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 04:51:31 pm »
  :bouquet: how distressing. Hope she is found soon and the culprits get what they deserve  >:(

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 05:17:33 pm »
Im sitting here FUMING with rage. There are some really nasty beings out there..I cant even call them human, they dont deserve the title. You are in my thoughts and I send you my very best wishes for a positive outcome. I can only imagine what you are going through. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 05:40:25 pm »
There are no words to describe the sort of people that steal. Have you looked back on all the 'pygmy goats wanted' ads in your area , sometimes folk steal with the idea of selling on to these folks. I doubt if it was Ramadan linked as the markets are full of goats for sale purely for this purpose , the goats go for peanuts or used to . The horse theft attempt is suss if they only wanted the goats for ramadan as well. I think they stole with a buyer in mind as for the horse... ah the wonders of the internet sales and anonymity. Hope you get a result in your search for your goats, the police have a lot to go on by the sounds of it.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 06:27:19 pm »
Really awful, so sorry  :(
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

deepinthewoods

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 06:32:40 pm »
thats awful, i hope you get your goat back safe and they catch the scum who did this :fc:

the great composto

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 06:43:25 pm »
that number plate EK09 EPD is for a red nissan micra not a white van :o

I really hope you get your pygmy back.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 06:47:51 pm »
that number plate EK09 EPD is for a red nissan micra not a white van :o

I really hope you get your pygmy back.

oh dear so its not even the right plate (not surprisingly sadly).  We've got several cars on our local travellers site that share one plate! Daft thing is, its a personalised plate and really stands out  ::)

I think Hermits has a brilliant idea about potentially tracing your goat by checking the ad's for wanted out. maybe ask in the local agri store if anyone's been in asking if anyone wants a goat or local farm parks might have been approached   
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS