Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82428 times)

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 02:18:13 pm »
Birthday today. My son has given me 2 tortoises, (have wanted tortoises for years), so excited about them, so no doubt will spend most of the day watching them.

Have a lovely day and enjoy your tortoises :) :)
I am going to go and read to my two-year-old grandson who has a broken leg and refuses to sit still. Maybe chocolate bttons and The Gruffalo will do the trick :fc:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 03:01:14 pm »
Goats fed and milked and yard swept.  Now resting before going to the library.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 05:43:41 pm »
Just back from Hereford General, now sporting the latest MKII Judge Dredd Inflatable Open Toed Dancing Wellie, modelled here for you by Gladys Gnomefondler.
another five weeks to next appointment then Physio in Llandod,

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 05:48:15 pm »
Shifting some ewes with my trainee dog and three year old daughter, cleaning up the wool I shore off them yesterday.......

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 06:03:19 pm »

So we spent it on the river - and in the case of my daughters IN the river! I just got sunburnt!! Not quite sure why Scarlett the 5 yr old needed goggles...!

Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 06:54:49 pm »

So we spent it on the river - and in the case of my daughters IN the river! I just got sunburnt!! Not quite sure why Scarlett the 5 yr old needed goggles...!

She's clearly getting ready for the olympic swimming - they all wear them! ;D ;D   Hope you have plenty of aloe vera for the sunburn or do you have your own goat's milk product that soothes?
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 07:00:20 pm »
Yep, plenty of lavender essential oil soap  ;)   my job is quite handy sometimes!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

fairhaven

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Norfolk
    • The Hazy Rainbow
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 02:06:56 pm »
 :wave:
 This morning I prepared a duck & a rabbit and they are now in the oven together, and this afternoon I will try & weed the garden... :)
Sheep: North Ronaldsay & 4 Horned Hebridean - We also breed & exhibit 3 breeds of rabbit - Chinchilla, Deilenaar (rare breed) & Colour Pointed English Angora.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 02:38:26 pm »
I'm just going out to pluck 12 cockerels that I dispatched earlier.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 02:47:34 pm »
We've just collected some bales of hay from the field next door who are rapidly cutting, drying and baling before Monday's turn in weather.
Lopped some tree's, removed some altogether and cut back bushes - horrid job but garden looks great now.
And India (my 7 yr old) and I just pulled our first carrots, some potatoes, beans, peas, onions and garlic ready for dinner!
Just necking a lucozade in celebration before going back out there to clear away more logs, leaves and mess!

littlelugs

• Joined Aug 2011
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 03:40:06 pm »
ive had a lazy day lying on the lawn watching the muscovy ducklings running around creating chaos. back at work tomorrow so making the most of the last of the sunshine for a bit in an unusually sunny wales.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 03:55:46 pm »
Giving the girls a jumping lesson, Emma was delighted and Chloe did very well with Rory who is just learning the ropes.

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 05:41:03 pm »
When you posted on the 24th i was getting married  ;D   today i am recovering from getting married ;D ;D ;D

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 05:56:22 pm »
bought myself 2 Indian Runner ducks today so we have been putting up a temporary pen to keep the geese at bay while the ducks settle in.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 06:12:45 pm »
When you posted on the 24th i was getting married  ;D   today i am recovering from getting married ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations!!!  :bouquet:   pics? xx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS