Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: We got 2  (Read 6228 times)

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
We got 2
« on: July 15, 2012, 10:50:00 pm »
Finally, fed-up of the ever increasing expansion of Roland's clan, we've got some farm kittens. 2 wee sisters, just 8 weeks old - very cute.  They're living in the house at the moment, until we can make suitable quarters in the old byre loft for a permanent des-res for them.
Their names - Puddy & Tatty  ;D  Will try & get OH to do some piccys of them tomorrow  :cat: :cat:

Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: We got 2
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 12:36:41 am »
I bet they stay in the house  :innocent: ;D :cat: :cat:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 07:07:36 am »
Let them live in the house and have a cat flap to go and sort out Roland and co, then you get the best of both worlds  ;D

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:21:56 am »
Awwww, bet they're just wee balls of fluff at the mo  :love:
Can't wait to see them  ;)

I'd say no to putting in a cat flap though  :-\
We put one in for Misty & Mittens and since they're such fantastic mousers we get many 'presents' brought in for us through the cat flap - mice, voles, birds, even a mole ! They're not always dead either  :o
Also, the ferrel tomcat (who visits us from time to time) has chased Mr Tumble into the house on occasion too so he can continue to beat him up ::) Oh and the wee Jack Russell from down the road frequently ends up through the flap when she's been chasing our kittens.
Might work if you have one of the auto-opening ones, but then you've got to have a collar on your cats - I always think that's a bit risky when they are hunters though incase they get stuck somewhere because of it.

But get those photo's on quick !  ;D

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 10:30:44 am »
Since losing our darling Phoebe a few months ago, Ive been so broody for another. I cant persuade OH to let me have one though, and I do worry that Freddie wont cope with being a "middle child". I have been left with next doors cats which they abandoned when they split up and left the house, one of which, Lily is very friendly and loves a cuddle. Its not the same though as raising one from a kitty and actually choosing it in the first place. At least there is only perhaps a month until the end of "kitten time" so there wont be so many to give away in the small ads on the internet.
Cant wait to see the piccies of the little babes!!

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 12:39:49 pm »
We've got one of the microchip cat flaps. No collar needed and its strong enough to keep the local toms out (which the magnetic ones fail at). I highly recommend the one we have. One of mine has started bringing in presents, am hoping that how grumpy she gets when I take it away will teach her not to bring it in to start with.

Can't wait to see piccies of your furballs. If I had free rein I'd probably be overrun with cats, have 4 as it is!  :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 07:43:36 pm »
Well I went to collect our 3 new kittens from my sister at the weekend with the plan for them to keep the vermin down at our (fingers crossed) new smallholding that we hopefully get in less than 2 weeks.

Found them in the spare bedroom playing with a dead mouse! I'm assuming that mum or dad brought it in for them to practice on but seemed like a very good omen!

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 09:01:18 pm »
Sorry folks - no photos today OH's been up to her neck in work stuff  ::)
Definately won't be having a cat flap - it's all we can do to keep the doors closed some days - the wind here is pretty strong - don't want to risk any more draughts getting in!
Will try & get the photos sorted for tomorrow  :fc:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 10:28:57 am »
Think I've got them  :fc:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 10:29:32 am »
Yeah - it worked  :thumbsup:

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 11:14:33 am »
awww cute furballs

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

HappyHippy

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 12:12:59 pm »
 ;D   :love: :cat: :love:
I'll maybe get a chance for a cuddle when I drop your trailer back  ;)
What day's better for you mrs - Wednesday or Thursday ?
Karen  :wave:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 10:02:00 pm »
2 cuddles coming up  :cat: :cat: ;)
See you Thursday  :wave:

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 10:24:13 pm »
Aah they are just beautiful. Im even more broody now than I was before!!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 10:24:39 pm »
booofull pusses  :love: :love: :cat: :cat:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS