Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Blind date Disasters.  (Read 5661 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Blind date Disasters.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 06:24:52 am »
I've met up with some wonderful people through the internet (some dating when I was single, and some just friends through forums - TAS and others.)   

After marriage breakup, I found it a good way to 'get back on the horse', although it did mean that one very nice bloke had an 11 mile walk and no action because I realised I wasn't ready yet.   (Sorry, Nick. :-*)

I even met up with someone who lived on a Pacific island!  We'd struck up an online relationship through a forum and had such a lot of fun with naughty chats, I decided to detour on a trip to the States and meet up with him.  I'd asked him what would we do if the chemistry didn't work in person; he said, "Bring your laptop and we'll carry on chatting online!"  :D  Neither of us expected that to be the case, but in fact, it was - probably just as well!  :D

Then I used one site to find someone to show me San Francisco when I was going to be there on my own, just for 24 hours.  We dated for a year!  And are still in touch as friends.

I did meet some men I didn't want to see again, of course, but only one that worried me a little - and he was the only one I'd had any misgivings about meeting up with, so I simply didn't meet up with anyone else if I had any misgivings. And a friend always had full details about who I was meeting and where, and would have taken action if he hadn't got the "Safe and sound" text after the date.

And then, when I'd decided that I was "finished with all that" and would be a happy spinster for my remaining years, I bought a farm with a female friend and met up with some people she used to work for, who had a nephew who farmed nearby to our new farm... and the rest, as they say, is history. :) :love:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS