Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ill fated showing season  (Read 6076 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Ill fated showing season
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 10:50:51 am »
 ;D   ;D   ;D

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Ill fated showing season
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 09:01:12 pm »
Having kept goats for many years (on and off) but never ventured into the showing world, I thought that maybe it was time to dip my toe in the water, so to speak.

1st show date dawned and I duly set about bathing our 2 goatlings only to find that one little darling had developed chorioptic mange - bless her little hairy socks!

2nd show is on Saturday and we have beautifully clean feet (thanks Katie for pointing me towards flowers of sulphur) but today I find the other goatling has decided that summer is here and has shed half a sack full of hair off her spine. Looks very threadbare and there is no way I can take her to a show.

Looks like I'll be giving the show next week a miss too - roll on August and fingers crossed that we manage at least one show this year  :fc:

I'm really glad the sulphur worked  :thumbsup: Fingers crossed you make it to one - and of course win lots  ;D
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS