Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Mis-sold insurance calls  (Read 4826 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Mis-sold insurance calls
« on: July 03, 2012, 02:40:51 pm »
You know the ones " This is an important call etc ",we`ve been getting them on a daily basis for weeks , normally we just hang up, but today I let the automated message play out hoping to get the opportunity to hurl abuse and profanities at a real person , but instead it gave me a menu that allowed me to get deleted from the dialing list....Yes ! .. 9 is the magic number , on this particular one anyway. ( This number may be different on other nuisance calls )
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:35:45 pm by tizaala »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Mis-sold insurance calls
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:45:28 pm »
Must listen next time then! ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 03:59:01 pm »
Must listen next time then! ::)
Me as well they drive me mad. >:(
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 04:07:22 pm »
i just love them  and the ones selling wind turbines     get a rake of fornication's into them especially after 7 at night     they have not got a leg to stand on  :farmer:

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 04:30:24 pm »
Brilliant must listen then next time.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 05:43:08 pm »
Pressed '9' several times and yet they keep calling !!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 05:46:39 pm »
Pressed '9' several times and yet they keep calling !!
Me too!  >:(
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

robert waddell

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 08:06:31 pm »
dont get mad just get even ;) :farmer:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 08:09:47 pm »
Just be careful of the ones that start ringing after you answer them - you'll get charged peak rate for calling something you didn't want/need/have any interest in  >:(
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

robert waddell

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 08:16:16 pm »
after Lillian or myself are finished with them there lugs are warm :farmer: or ringing ;) :farmer:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 10:55:35 pm »
We get frequent ones from a business who is desperately trying to contact us to offer us cavity wall insulation and loft insulation before the government stop the grants.  Where do they get their info from?  We had it done six years ago.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 11:22:32 pm »
Personally, I'm fed-up of the texts saying I've got £3,500 damages for an accident I had at work - chance would be a fine thing - a job I mean, not the accident.  Maybe I should ask them where I'm working so they can get a salary for me  ;D
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 12:24:25 pm »
Personally, I'm fed-up of the texts saying I've got £3,500 damages for an accident I had at work - chance would be a fine thing - a job I mean, not the accident.  Maybe I should ask them where I'm working so they can get a salary for me  ;D

You definitely should. I once asked an estate agent who told me they'd sent on the requested information to my husband for the name and whereabouts of said husband - since as far as I was aware I'd been single all my life! No reply to that one, of course. (I was also peeved off since they implied that I, as a woman,  was obviously not able to understand information related to property. But that's a different issue...)

Must say, I rarely get nuisance calls these days, since I'm registered under this preference calls scheme or whatever it's called. The only nuisance calls I get are debt collectors trying to contact the guy who lived here before me - 3.5 years after I moved in. I suspect he still hands out his old phone number. At least 4 out of 5 calls I get are from those kind of companies. (OK, I admit, I get very few calls myself.)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS