Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Who's going to the Great Yorkshire Show ?  (Read 8937 times)

HappyHippy

Who's going to the Great Yorkshire Show ?
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:11:05 am »
I'll be there this year  ;D 
Will we have a TAS meet up ?
I'll definately be there on the Tuesday, not sure about the other days yet.
Karen  :wave:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Who's going to the Great Yorkshire Show ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 11:17:41 am »
I won't be as they don't let dogs in the showground and we have nowhere to leave our two  :dog: :dog: :'(
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

RaisinHall Tamworths

• Joined May 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 07:29:18 pm »
We'll be there all 3 days, showing pigs, we've got 5 Tamworths and 2 Hampshires entered  ;D

See you there

arl

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 12:49:49 am »
Il be there taking my turn on a promote east yorkshire local food stand. Will try and find anyone whos there to put faces to the names.
Arl

Gordon M

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 03:34:19 pm »
After missing the RHS over the weekend as a result of being at work, I'll be making the effort to go. Need my fix!! ;D

RaisinHall Tamworths

• Joined May 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 08:39:45 pm »
Been to drop the caravan off tonight, it is a bit soggy, hopefully the weather will dry up a bit before the show starts  :fc:

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 08:49:57 pm »
Oh good !  :fc: the weather does improve !
I'd heard rumblings that it might have been cancelled if the weather got worse - really hope not  :fc:
See you next week  :wave:

Mallows Flock

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Shepton mallet
    • Somerset Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 11:32:18 pm »
I have been to the larger shows (not this one) as a 'tourist' but never as an exhibitor.... I get told that the larger commercial farmers dominate the awards so its pointless for someone like me to try to contend to be placed! I am guessing from the interest the shows generate from you folks that this is a total load of old tosh! LOL
From 3 to 30 and still flocking up!

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 11:36:15 pm »
I would love to go, weather permitting  :fc:

Unless I find someone between now and then i will be a free spirit so to speak so anyone up for a cuppa come midday  :eyelashes:

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 08:06:42 am »
I have been to the larger shows (not this one) as a 'tourist' but never as an exhibitor.... I get told that the larger commercial farmers dominate the awards so its pointless for someone like me to try to contend to be placed! I am guessing from the interest the shows generate from you folks that this is a total load of old tosh! LOL

That's an interesting point, and I guess it depends. I think some of the commercial guys do dominate some areas (the big breeds of beef cattle for instance) but look in other areas and it is smallholders- pigs, goats, poultry, some breeds of sheep, and probably some of the dairy cattle/rarer breeds of cattle. Not sure if that's the same for the Great Yorkshire, but it is for the Royal Highland. I guess it depends on what you want to show!

Beth

robert waddell

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 08:31:14 am »
people get told a lot     and it is usually incorrect or without foundation       you have to be in it to win it

having the defeatist attitude before entering is possibly not the best starting point

try some of the smaller shows first to see how you and more importantly your stock get on :farmer:

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 08:32:17 am »
we would love to be going but once again the first of my London trips falls exactly on those days >:( so working i shall be

Friends of ours show sheep there and regularly take some of the biggest accolades and they're hobbyists :thumbsup:

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 12:28:30 pm »
OH was told it's likely to be cancelled, not so much because of the showground, but could be problems with car parking (mind you, one year they had tractors on standby to drag people out).

HappyHippy

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 01:07:45 pm »
(mind you, one year they had tractors on standby to drag people out).
Last year at Lesmahagow show (just a wee local show) they had tractors to pull folk in - that's die hard determination for you  :o :thumbsup: ;D ;D ;D

It'll be fine  :fc:  ;)

robert waddell

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 01:32:06 pm »
most of the car parking is on the golf course and very very different to any other show :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS