Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ignoring other members  (Read 37685 times)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Re: Ignoring other members
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2014, 03:19:11 pm »
Recently I have had posts removed had indirect warnings from a moderator to the point that now I avoid quite a lot of threads, I post 10% of what I used too, and feel that I can no longer be myself on this forum so will probably just slip away slowly. I know of 4 others that feel similar to myself, such a shame.
So yep forum members  :thumbsup: Forum administrators  :thumbsup: 1 moderator :rant:

I wonder how long this post will stay up  :thinking:

It'll stay up as long as the forum exists, why wouldn't it?

Please report any activity that causes you concern, no matter the source, and we'll look into it. I personally haven't seen any reports from you about moderation, so it's a pity you're reducing your activity without us having an opportunity to do anything about it.  :-\

If you or anyone else would prefer to email us directly you always can - dan@tas.re or rosemary@tas.re.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2014, 11:56:06 am »
i never find anything people say offensive, i may not agree, but i would like to think i could except others think differently,
i would never block anyone…. to me, and its just my view, i find the blocking thing a bit childish, i would rather ignore

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2014, 12:03:56 pm »
i never find anything people say offensive, i may not agree, but i would like to think i could except others think differently,
i would never block anyone…. to me, and its just my view, i find the blocking thing a bit childish, i would rather ignore

:thumbsup:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2014, 12:48:25 pm »
Sometimes there's just someone who winds us up the wrong way, and it's helpful to have that little pause-and-breathe moment before looking at what they've written ;)

If you don't ever need to do that, I am very happy for you!   :sunshine:

I don't use it often at all, but just every now and then, maybe when I am not at my sunniest  :tired:, and someone's on a bit of a mission... ;)

And other times, there's just someone who writes something on every single thread and never has anything helpful, interesting - or even to the point or correct! - to say, (in my view), and I find it better for me and my blood pressure to just ignore everything they write. 

Again, I am happy for everyone who never finds it useful to ignore any user  :sunshine:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2014, 01:40:54 pm »
i just think you are all lovely..even when you are wrong  ;D ;D ;D joking  ;D
i must admit to being a little wind up merchant sometimes  :eyelashes: :eyelashes: ;D ;D but i try not to offend

i know when i have reached my limit..my helen gives me the look…that look that only woman can do  :innocent: ;D ;D

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2014, 02:42:08 pm »
Hmmm,my husband often refers to "my look" - I have no idea what he is talking about  :innocent:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2014, 07:55:20 pm »
Hmmm,my husband often refers to "my look" - I have no idea what he is talking about  :innocent:

;D ;D ;D me thinks you know all to well  ;D

that look you girls have mastered, …gawd its scary….

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2014, 08:06:49 pm »
Who said that???   :innocent:
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2014, 10:41:36 pm »
 :roflanim:

JulieWall

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Cornhill, Banff
    • The Roundhouse
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2014, 10:54:59 am »
I'm assuming nobody can tell if another member is blocking out viewing their posts? If the fact that they have posted is still apparent then what's the point of blocking it? If you have the self discipline not to go and look at something even though you know it might bug you, then surely you would have the self discipleine to skip past their post anyway?
I'm tying my brain in knots here  :roflanim: I don't know what I think about this any more  :roflanim: We've had this function on our forum since the outset, I don't even know if it can be disabled in the ACP, but I always thought it was a bit pointless as we've never had any hassle. I have a line in the rules section which reads;
Before posting please note the following;
1/ As a rule of thumb, think of this site as visiting the home of friends. If you wouldn't say it in front of their kids or granny, re-phrase it.

It seems to be working so far, 4 years in and everyone has respected it, I'm quite proud of that.
Permaculture and smallholding, perfect partners
http://theroundhouseforum.co.uk/

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2014, 11:06:32 am »
Julie

I shouldn't worry yourself about it. For those of us who use the feature - it's useful. For those of us who don't - it's not as if the feature's presence impinges on one's personal forum experience.

I would just let sleeping dogs lie.

There's no point wasting mental energy trying to second guess how or why other people prefer to use the forum and it's features surely?
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS