Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Who invented wisdom teeth???  (Read 6033 times)

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
Who invented wisdom teeth???
« on: May 23, 2012, 06:04:28 pm »
Bastards!
I've not been on for a bit as my mouth basically exploded :'(
I'm TERRIFIED of the dentist, but was very brave and had 2 teeth out :o :o
I must admit the dentist was amazing and apart from some pressure on one tooth I felt nothing!
Didn't get a sticker though :-\ ;D ;D
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Bangbang

Re: Who invented wisdom teeth???
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 06:09:28 pm »
Have you put them under your pillow for the tooth fairy ?  ;D ;D ;D

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 06:25:47 pm »
No but #i did insist the dentist showed em to me to prove they were out!
Ashamed to admit they were proper manky :-[ :-[
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 06:34:16 pm »
Well done for braving up to two extractions.  I won't tell you my story, it can't possibly help anyone  :o

When I was little, I used to 'recycle' my teeth - Mum began to realise she was dishing out more tanners than most shark have teeth so stopped giving them back to me - so then I started using pieces of polo mint broken to look like baby teeth...

My dad used to collect old newspapers and 'recycle' them on street corners, "EeeeenIN StanUUUUDDD".  So I'm just following my genes...  ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 06:36:59 pm »
Go on, morbid curiosity and all that..... (plus I've been, and can't be scared!) ;D ;D
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 10:39:16 pm »
I am soooo grateful I had my wisdom teeth out electively under general anaesthetic when I was 16 before they started causing trouble.

My teeth are quite crowded so the dentist knew that they would be trouble.

Don't envy you Colliewoman. Mind you - I loooooove going to the dentist. I floss every night and always get good scores on my gum inspections.
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 11:31:43 pm »
Go on, morbid curiosity and all that..... (plus I've been, and can't be scared!) ;D ;D
Yah, but others can!  If you really need to know, I'll pm you!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 07:09:03 am »
While most people's wisdom teeth are practically fixed to their jaw, mine weren't and were so shallowly rooted that they fell out.  :o

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 04:33:04 pm »
Yah, but others can!  If you really need to know, I'll pm you!

Go on then, I am a sick puppy  :D
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 09:10:35 pm »
I must be really stupid then  ;)   I've reached the ripe old age of 68 without any of mine appearing  ;D   And with previous extractions there's plenty of room for them to come in, and they'd probably be welcome as well to fill the gaps. ::) ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 09:15:30 pm »
Ooh howhorrid. I don't think I've got mine........yet! Let's hope they never arrive either  ;D
Too terrified for dentists tho I must brave it if only to take my two boys. They have not been yet and the oldest is ten. Luckily they have had lovely teeth but oldest has inherited my small mouth,big teeth syndrome so will need to go soon...........I'm shaking at the mere thought :-\

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 09:30:04 pm »
I had a huge scare as a child, and actually walked out dragging my wee sister with me after the dentist tried to shove the mask over my face without warning.  Been scared of them since, so I made sure my kids went as soon as they could walk.  My fear must have transferred to my son though, he is terrified too.  Now I have eye candy for a dentist  ;)  so I don't mind so much - and he is really gentle. ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

robert waddell

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 09:53:54 pm »
my eldest daughter does not allow the dentist to use needles in her mouth  all work done without an anaesthetic :farmer:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 10:19:44 pm »
my eldest daughter does not allow the dentist to use needles in her mouth  all work done without an anaesthetic :farmer:
:o  :o that is brave. 
It's not the injection for me it's the whole dentist visit! Lots of work done while young to straighten my teeth left a fobia , once I smell the damned place I start trembling.
Last visit the nurse had to hold me still I was trembling so much just to look in my mouth. That was about 5 yr ago and I needed a tooth out!!

I can wholeheartedly sympathise colliewoman  :bouquet: hope you feel better soon.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 10:58:45 pm »
I am also a complete woose when it comes to the dentist and I really don't know why as I have never really had a bad experience with them but I actually have nightmares where I wake up and all my teeth have fallen out. I wake up and have to check that they are all still there!

The last time I went I had to have an injection and the dentist was fab and really had put me at my ease. He put the first injection in and went to put the 2nd in, missed my mouth entirely and stabbed his own thumb! I don't think I have been that scared in a very long time! Managed to pretend to be a grown up and not run out gibbering.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS