Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lovely Day  (Read 6255 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Lovely Day
« on: May 23, 2012, 03:35:00 pm »
Beautiful day today, 29..4 Deg, C . but 82% humidity . so it's very sticky round the nether regions.
Bring it on... :thumbsup:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Lovely Day
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 03:44:00 pm »
Oh what a picture that conjures up  ;D ;D ;D

Lovely here too.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 04:13:48 pm »
You can tell its hot here in Aberdeenshire as I have been giving the veteran horse his second bath of the year! And they are in the cool stables, brought them in at lunchtime as they were melting. Am going to turn them out tonight instead (which will horrify them but tough!
Anyway it has to be nice weather, the poor horse sitter I paid while recovering from my operation has had wall to wall rain, whereas now I am better enough to take over the sun is shining and it's all easy :-))))

Bangbang

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 04:17:49 pm »
We're all hot and happy up here too,  ;D  28c
long may it last  :thumbsup:

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 04:20:24 pm »
Lovely sunny day here today :)  Went with OH this morning radio tracking his grouse, so spent a couple of hours on the hill, with gorgeous views.  Couldn't ask for any more.

Helen

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 04:23:31 pm »
Since it is such a nice day here too, I went out to top up the pig drinkers and decided to do a spot of water pipe maintenance  ::)  I like to feel useful  ;)
Result - soaking wet happy pigs, and a soaking wet happy hippy  ;D 
Didn't realise the force of the water would hamper my attempts to put a new stop end on with such hilarious results  :D
Yeah, I know it would have been more prudent to switch it off at the mains but hey ho - it was funny (now that I've dried out) Going back out later to try and get some photo's - the Tamworth stands to have buckets of cold water poured over her (I swear I can hear her sigh as she stands there with her eyes shut in pure bliss) and all 4 (heavily pregnant) Large Blacks are in the wallow - it's hard to tell where one ends and the other begins, just a muddy black mass in the corner of the field - I can confirm however that they definately don't like the pouring of water on them  :o )
Next week's supposed to be good too, so as Tiz says, Bring it on  :thumbsup:  Summer's here at Yonderton  8)   :pig:   8)

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 05:04:28 pm »
Tizaala

Get your wings out and get naked ;-))
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 06:10:56 pm »
Super sunny here - east Aberdeenshire - old jean cut to shorts, first time since we've lived here - my legs are in shock and so are the goat's - the sheep haven't noticed yet  ;D ;D
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

deepinthewoods

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 07:30:35 pm »
grrr, cloudy here and the winds cold, it even rained a bit this morning, lovely now tho!

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 10:07:58 pm »
Susie Q , I would love to oblige but Rosemary confiscated them at the show, (how else would she have recognised me ?) so I had to make do with one of my other outfits , pink satin thong and wellies full of custard. very cooling.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 07:14:02 am »
Susie Q , I would love to oblige but Rosemary confiscated them at the show, (how else would she have recognised me ?) so I had to make do with one of my other outfits , pink satin thong and wellies full of custard. very cooling.

Please don't post pictures :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 11:10:03 pm »
Tizaala, not the purple thong with the green polka dots?

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 07:21:37 am »
But that's my favourite ! :-\

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 02:20:22 pm »
Three days in a row riding my horses yipee. It had been so wet before there were too many places I could not go. I like this weather, but not for too long. perhaps a little rain at night to be perfect. 

henchard

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Two Retirees Start a New Life in Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 11:34:51 am »
Probably a self indulgent post; but pretty much perfect weather for us yesterday evening. So I took some photos and put them on our blog.

http://lizburton.co.uk/wordpress/everyday-stuff/a-glorious-evening-in-may/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS