Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rain  (Read 8476 times)

Goat-Lady

• Joined May 2012
  • Wales
Re: Rain
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 02:55:35 pm »
Can't believe this morning, went out to do morning chores early (busy day ahead) back for breakfast, out again at 11pm only to find a strange orange thing in the the sky, I think that is what is called the sun.  Haven't seen it for some time, so forgot what it looks like.

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 06:19:22 pm »
Temps at Glen Ogle, Perthshire has managed to climb to 3C (37F) this PM while Aviemore has struggled to get above 4C (39F)!

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 06:59:32 am »
A proper May morning here in S. Devon. A bit nippy at 5 30 a.m. but the sun is out and I'm sure I'll be complaining about the heat later on ::) ;D

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 07:02:48 am »
Its a beautiful morning here in south/ mid Wales too.  The forecast here is good today and tomorrow and then rain again on Mon  :(
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 07:14:27 am »
Summer at last !
Had to make rabbit hutches in the heat ( 30 degrees ) and have a sunburn- it was too hot to plant out veg in the garden or weed, or cut overgrown grass etc etc
Typical summer day - too hot to work AND I woke to THUNDER storms and heavy rain. great!

And I have been looking forward to the return of summer ! S-d it !
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 07:17:48 am »
The sun has found us! Still only 5 c at themo but hopefully will warm up.  :thumbsup:

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 07:51:24 am »
cold and wet again today!  >:(
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 09:04:35 am »
Yes here too chairman
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 09:08:48 am »
Yes here too chairman
Sally

one day and the greenhouse is nearly  40 degrees at 8.00am and today it is 09 degrees and the tomatoes look very downcast!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 09:12:52 am »
We had frost last night, but its now bright and sunny. Tomorrow, we are expecting rain, then lovely on Wednesday.
However, Meteo France is not the most reliable to be honest.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 09:16:06 am »
Gloriously sunny here in Yorkshire but very biting cold wind. Very hot in conservatory and greenhouse but frost forecast for tonight!
Mandy  :pig:

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 01:14:38 pm »
we have had 15mm of rain overnight or at least that was what my new rain gauge said, i reckon that is more reliable that the former full wheelbarrow test.  :D

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 02:43:49 pm »
My digger man has just left with a parting message that we are about to get snow, hasn't anyone told the man upstairs that its May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 10:20:35 pm »
Two days of sunshine in Shropshire but windy with it.

mcginty

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Tyrone, N.I.
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 12:06:39 am »
Wet and cold, no grass, had to buy in more hay at the weekend.
We light the woodburner every evening.
Getting a bit pissed of with this weather. :horse:
That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS