Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Royal Welsh Spring Festival  (Read 21403 times)

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
Re: Royal Welsh Spring Festival
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2012, 08:19:32 pm »
I can't come  :'( as i am still waiting for 5 girls to lamb.

hope everyone has a good time and NO ONE needs the First Aid tent!

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2012, 11:07:40 pm »
Arrive too late on Saturday, and on Sunday failed to find the first aid tent.  Why would you not sell the programmes at the gate?
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2012, 07:48:23 am »
Did you find a small patch of grass between two sheds that had a small circus tent and a lot of kids practicing jugling and circus skills , then there were two ambulances parked up, that was the first aid area ,

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2012, 08:06:06 am »
I agree about the programmes. I often don't buy one but think they have missed a money making event there. Maps of the event were few and far between as well.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

HappyHippy

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2012, 08:16:43 am »
It was lovely to meet you all. I had a wonderful time and am looking forward to next year  ;)
Karen  :-*

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2012, 11:43:54 pm »
Me too.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2012, 07:00:45 am »
Yes - great to meet fellow TASers
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2012, 08:06:18 am »
it was a good day shame i didnt meet any of you but i did leave without  2 teenagers so it made the trip home peacful and i got lots of helpful advice as well  :thumbsup:

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2012, 09:18:12 am »
Had a good day but missed the noon deadline, looked round the pigs a few times but couldn't see Karen. Will be showing next year so hopefully put faces to names then.
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2012, 11:03:00 am »
We all had a lovely day on sunday. I sold all my poultry that was entered in the auction and I was happy with the prices I got. I then spent a load of money on plants! I didn't get to the first aid bit as we were all busy in the circus tent. I can still do the diablo! My OH still can't ride a unicycle but he did have a go on a miniature penny farthing. My mum is dithering over whether to get a goat again. She's got an old BA that she used to show but she is looking to get an in-kid GG. I'll definitely be going again next year too.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2012, 12:26:16 pm »
Dont forget the main event of the year ' The Royal Welsh Show ' send for youe scheds now as it is on;ly a couple of months away, 23rd - 26th July , Too late to enter for this year but get your names down on the mailing list for next year , scheds sent out in April , it's a massive show.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:34:52 pm by tizaala »

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2012, 01:55:17 pm »
Did you find a small patch of grass between two sheds that had a small circus tent and a lot of kids practicing jugling and circus skills , then there were two ambulances parked up, that was the first aid area ,

Yes, now you mention it I and I even noticed the ambulances but failed to connect that with a first aid post! OH thought she saw one in a tiny shed with a clock on it somewhere but didn't find that one either

It's an event with a confusing layout.  This was our third visit but we still found it hard to describe possible meeting points to each other.  There was a leg of the trade stands I didn't find until late, behind the grandstand.  We always avoid the parking marshals, park close to the farriers demonstration area and go in through the tunnel on the grounds that OH is going to buy lots of stuff.  She did.
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS