Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Old trailers and new regs on ramp angles  (Read 3131 times)

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
Old trailers and new regs on ramp angles
« on: May 07, 2012, 09:52:16 am »
Still scouring the web for trailers... Checked the DEFRA site on transporting sheep and it says from 2012 must have max 50% ramp angle ie 1m up for every 2m horizontal). Are older trailers likely to comply with this? Hardly any point buying second hand if they need to be modified / have a new ramp fitted.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/publications/files/pb12544f-transport-sheep.pdf
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: Old trailers and new regs on ramp angles
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:58:40 am »
Doubt it will affect ordinary trailers Smudger as they are quite low down anyway and the ramps are relatively long. Would affect transporters and lorry trailers I expect. Simple to measure them or ask the seller to.

robert waddell

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 10:04:49 am »
i have two trailers a DP 120g    and a p7e      both i am going to measure the height /length and come back
as far as i am aware these two types of trailer have not changed  from they were first manufactured :farmer:

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 11:18:43 am »
OK measured the both of them one in three 20 inches floor height over 60 in trailer door length     just ask for a measurement before bidding that way if they lied to you when you get there you can back out of the deal without them claiming you through the e bay  :farmer:

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 10:33:34 pm »
thx, reassuring.
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS