Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: somewhere to keep chickens  (Read 15156 times)

deepinthewoods

Re: somewhere to keep chickens
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2012, 08:16:19 pm »
imho, lords of the manor are generally more than glad of the chance to offer some help. my life changed when i got the balls up to ask to rent some space from the local landed gentry, i now work for them, live in one of their houses and consider them friends.

mistryer

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Dordogne, France
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2012, 07:30:43 pm »
Wales01man, if you get any opportunity, lords of the manor or otherwise, just go for it. What have you got to lose? Loads more to win if you get lucky. Good luck
a smile a day, keeps the doldrums at bay :-)x

Fowlman

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2012, 08:27:52 pm »
Try your local allotment society they may have members who find their plot too much. If you have national trust local to you they sometimes have bits of land.
Tucked away on the downs in wiltshire.

wales01man

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2012, 07:31:19 am »
Fowlman
I alreadyb have an allotmant veg only dont allow poultry mores the pity too public an area anyway nearby allotment that allows livestock is full and in area in general vacant plots are rare the sites i see have on livestock i need somewhere a bit secure will keep looking

Fowlman

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2012, 10:01:25 am »
Oh ye sorry wales01man. ::) Had you been closer you could have put a few on my land.
Tucked away on the downs in wiltshire.

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2012, 02:28:57 pm »
Hi W01man,  Sorry for your woes but hang in there.  I work for a housing association and we have a scheme where a tenant agrees to look after a garden for another tenant who cannot manage their garden.  In suitable gardens hens are allowed but NOT cockerels - some of the old rural properties have huge gardens.  It is all written up formally so both parties agree what can be done and it can be terminated by either party.  Have a word with your housing officer and don't let them fob you off.  Good luck :hshoe:

wales01man

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2012, 09:17:55 am »
I could not see my housing association doing anything like garden sharing enough hassle getting permission to build a shed 4 visits in all and 2 letters although your idea has giving me an idea when i advertise i might see if anyone with a large garden might want help up to now ive only thought of acricultral land or similar like allotments
thanks for the idea

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2012, 11:05:24 am »
We too have help via HelpX...most workers are great but a bit short on skills so laboring jobs work well

Good job Ive got lots of muck to move!

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2012, 11:55:28 am »
Try asking at the local day care centre.  I lot of older folk now manage to stay in their own home with 'carers'  visiting :-\  but looking after the garden is always a problem... :thumbsup:

wales01man

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2012, 11:24:18 pm »
Thanks Bramblecot  just given me another idea when i advertise i shall offer help in exchange for use of part of a large garden up to now i thought only of agrucultral or similar places
Thanks for the idea

wales01man

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2012, 11:29:40 pm »
Through a friend found a disused poultry shed looked hopeful then the let down land was sold for development for very large sum never mind but still looking and hoping

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2012, 09:47:10 am »
Oh, what a shame but I am sure you will find something eventually. Good luck
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

wales01man

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2012, 04:21:51 pm »
Still looking

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS