Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: patatas bravas  (Read 2405 times)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
patatas bravas
« on: March 29, 2012, 06:20:56 pm »
first make your sauce, 2 tin tomatoes or fresh if you have them, small onion or shallot, pinch of thyme, oregano, mint, basil and some garlic powder, tsp salt, tbsp sugar, and a good glug to taste of worchester sauce.
fry the onion in a little olive oil for 5 or so mins until starting to soften, add salt and then tomatoes and bring to a simmer and add everything else stir and cover and cook on low simmer for 1-2 hours stirring from time to time. leave to cool.

take a 1KG good firm potatoes and rinse them clean but leave the skins if you like or peal up to you. dice to taste but not too small. while you do this preheat the oven to fan 200 degrees and get some olive oil hot but not smoking about 4-5 mins. add a pinch of carraway seeds to the hot oil and throw in spuds and twist around coating the potatoes with oil. back into the oven for 10 mins stir and replace for 10 mins stir again back in for 5 or longer for more crispy finish. goes very well with a nice rioja and on a day like this chilled too!

enjoy!  :yum:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:22:27 pm by chairmanphil »
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Olly398

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Herts
    • Brixton's Bounty
Re: patatas bravas
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:33:38 pm »
Patatas Bravas are ace! Can I suggest a pinch of cayenne pepper in the tom sauce for those who like a little exta va-va-voom?

PS lolz re Hansel

also blogging at...

Brixton's Bounty

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 08:53:54 pm »
Patatas Bravas are ace! Can I suggest a pinch of cayenne pepper in the tom sauce for those who like a little exta va-va-voom?

PS lolz re Hansel

yep a touch of hot pepper will go a treat! Hansel said thanx!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 08:29:20 am »
BTW if you put the chilli in it put a tsp chilli flakes in too and you have a rude arribiatta sauce for pasta!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS