Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Price for a Boar  (Read 2018 times)

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
Price for a Boar
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:04:11 pm »
The other day I read the low price at market that some were getting for their pigs.
I am not experienced in this field.
Any commenst re: the following advert? - thanks Martin

Proven Glouster Old Spot Boar for sale. Sired 2 litters. With Pedigree. Approx 110 kilo in weight .Buyer to collect.

300 euro.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

robert waddell

Re: Price for a Boar
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 10:33:06 pm »
dont know what like the prices are in france    but £250 for a light boar is tooooo much even with good breeding at his arse but then i am not in the market for a boar :farmer:

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 10:41:32 pm »
yes I agree Robert. I was looking at the Giveaways section on Angloinfo.com as many Brits give animals away ( a Shetland pony today) - anyway i then looked at what animals are for sale.

I think this is so expensive but typical of some Brits here trying to make money. You would not believe the price they try for a second hand cars ( RHD as well).

Think I'll stick to the lad down the lane for my weaners rather than grow my own heard.

www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Rich/Jan

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 09:11:33 am »
Hi Max - I'm looking for a pedigree (with proven ancestry) GOS and have had no luck in finding the right one so far.  Would be more than willing (not necessarily happy) to pay 300euros.  One the other day was 500euros here in France but not the right blood line as I am trying to follow the 'cyclic breeding' system.  Do you remember who was selling the GOS might be something I'd be interested in.  Thanks Richard and Jan.

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 10:54:13 am »
Animals here are sold in the small adds by the Kilo. It is usually at a similar price to the finished meat costs so seems VERY expensive to me. I have only bought a couple of lambs so far and paid 25 euro each for them. (they came with mum who went back in the autumn!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS