Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cheap spinning wheel  (Read 4375 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Cheap spinning wheel
« on: March 23, 2009, 12:00:13 pm »
I posted this on another part of the forum then realised it was off topic so have moved it to here.

my friend has made a spinning wheel utilising an old bicycle wheel and some blocks of wood.  Works quite well, she is knitting up the wool she has spun.  If anyone is interested can ask her to post details.

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Re: Cheap spinning wheel
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 06:57:14 pm »
Oh go on then,let's see a pic. I have a spare tyre or two I can use!.... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 07:06:59 am »
This may take a few days but will do.  As there have been many requests on various forums for spinning wheels could you have a go at making some proper ones for sale Mr Ree?

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:31:17 am »
Ummmm   once I've finished building the 14ft kayak in my loft!  I'll have a look around for some plans and see if my limited skills match what's needed.... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 09:54:44 am »
Thats good.  New cottage industry.  How are you going to get the kayak from the loft to the water?

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 11:07:52 am »
The only way is out through the window,down three storeys and on to the roof of the Landy. I just need to find a shallow lake to test-paddle it first,before heading out to sea.
 Oh,and can we call it Longere Industry....... Cottage Industry reminds me too much of George Michael    ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 01:25:16 pm by MrRee »

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: Cheap spinning wheel plug plug
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 01:03:04 pm »
lol
don't forget you can buy them on ebay or checking out my parents site

plug http://www.timbertopswheels.co.uk/ plug

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 07:24:01 am »
Great idea but the dreaded postage makes it so expensive.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 07:26:18 am »
MrRee dont you know anyone with a small lake or large pond near you?  We are the proud owners of a rowing boat which one day (and I have waited many years for this) one day, OH is going to repair and take me for a trip around our duck pond. 

The idea is to steal all the eggs the ducks lay on the Island.  Going to be one very big and smelly omelette when it finally happens.b   ::)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 10:04:39 am »
you could make a hoilday of it and always visit lol , smallholders shows on soon

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 11:30:55 am »
 :)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 12:46:35 pm »
i got it sussed !!

france to holland then to rosyth, rosyth to  clackmanan to hire Anna (dogandjo) campervan (and visit all the locals) then travel down to mid wales to smallholder show buy wheel and supplies (lol) travel back to clackmannan drop of campervan then take all supplies back to rosyth, rosyth to holland then travel back to france

sorted !!!!!
Linz

(possible has flaws in it lol)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:49:46 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS