Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Large Black and British Lop  (Read 1852 times)

thenovice

• Joined Oct 2011
Large Black and British Lop
« on: November 20, 2011, 08:29:02 pm »
Hi all, being a relative newcomer to hog keeping (2months) i am seeking some of your wisdom. I am really enjoying the gilts and all their mischevious ways, and looking forward to some REAL pork, and proper heart straining crackling! At the mo i have a couple of old spot/saddle back crosses, but would really like to get some more of the rarer breeds to help increase numbers. With that in mind does anyone know of any British lop or Large black breeders in the kent/east sussex area that have sound healthy stock? Hope to hear soon, and many thanks ;D

chickenfeed

Re: Large Black and British Lop
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 08:49:53 pm »
 :wave: hi have you looked on the british lop website.

we are in cambridgeshire but a bit far from you.

we have some lovely weaners almost ready to leave home.

thenovice

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 08:42:50 pm »
Talk about sods law, what a shame you are so far away! Checked out the site but couldnt see any nearby thanks. Are they nice pigs to keep?

Bioman

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 09:28:08 pm »
I have Lop x Black growers (for my freezer) and they grow at a truly staggering rate. They are super friendly and very docile. A truly great pig to keep

chickenfeed

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 11:31:23 pm »
Talk about sods law, what a shame you are so far away! Checked out the site but couldnt see any nearby thanks. Are they nice pigs to keep?

very nice pigs to keep easy going and they make fantastic pork and bacon.

keep looking they need all the support they can get numbers are starting to fall again  :'(

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS