Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: plans on hold today  (Read 1979 times)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
plans on hold today
« on: November 05, 2011, 08:50:47 am »
Well all week I had made plans to pop up to the livestock market today to have a gander at prices and pop to the other market and get some yarn as I have orders for lots of things at the moment but at 8.30 pm last night there was a horrific accident on the M5 just passed the north bound slip road and the road has ben closed for 24 hours. The traffic all around Taunton will be horrible and best avoideed whilst these diversions are in place as the amount of traffic that use the M5 normally to get to Devon and Cornwall is pretty high and they will now be diverted around the countryside down to wellington and up passed Bridgewater which is about a 16 mile stretch of the M5.
OH was trying to get home last night and he eventually arrived at 3.30 am and there was motorists still stuck on the M5 at that time unable to pass.

Our thoughts have to be with those peole that lost their lives last night in this horrible incident. :bouquet:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: plans on hold today
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 10:28:08 am »
It must have been horrid for you waiting for him to come home.  I hope he was able to call you.  It looks the most awful mess, and I am heart sorry for those families who have lost dear ones or have injuries.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-15603124
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 11:13:05 am »
Too dreadful to take in :( The O.H. drives up and down there daily, thankfully he wasn't working yesterday. It makes me feel ill just to consider it. Poor,poor souls and their poor, dear families!

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 11:23:52 am »
The big carnival was on last night I dearly hope it wasn't young families that were in rose burning cars. Friends that live close say that the fire engulfed the cars on impact. I have just crossedthe bridge about a mile up from it and it is total carnage

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 11:38:41 am »
Last update an hour ago said they are still trying to get to some of the cars. No numbers yet - just the horrendous word 'several'
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 12:01:20 pm »
saw it on news this morning, dreadful, thoughts are with those caught up in it, dark nights and crappy weather have a lot to answer for.
Mandy  :pig:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 12:47:43 pm »
Heard it on the radio last night. Awful. Our thoughts are with all those affected.

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 02:33:04 pm »
Local news has just reported over ten dead but that may rise as they find more cars under the lorries. I ventured out and tried to go cross country but it took 2 hours to get to somewhere that normally takes 15 mins as all traffic is trying to get through to north of bridgewater.
Our plans for this evening are cancelled as we were going to pop into Devon to watch the tar barrel races but the road still won't be open and the diverted traffic is making it impossible to move around safely

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS