Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: RIP Murphy  (Read 3948 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: RIP Murphy
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 09:58:58 pm »
 yes Murph's the Daddy!
he was always as happy as the proverbial pig in muck ....  except when we were trying to shift him across the garden!
thanks for reminding me and making me smile  :)
  And that day he lifted the fence up to let the girls out on the rampage  :D
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 12:15:45 am »
Oh yes - the fence episode.  The neighbours never found out?

You could be filmed as the Good Life at your place.  Do you have a neighbour who could play Margo!!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 06:59:19 pm »
No and yes!
When the females rabbits got out and she caught me herding Smokey back under the fence (their fault it was bent - pushed it out with his canoes!) she said something about them "getting out last time & eating all the vegetables" .... that definitely wasn't a rabbit - It was Mildred the pig!!

She was out the other day - for some reason they have to go into the garden to use the phone?! - and was heard to say "the view is lovely... apart from that bit there" - meaning our pigs.
Well, don't stand in that particular part of the upstairs window just to stare at them then, or move your patio set next to where the pigs are (on the other side of the fence) then complain about them!
The pigs just love people - so when they hear them, they want to say hello!
Little Blue

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 08:08:14 pm »
So sorry to hear LB.  :bouquet:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 08:14:57 pm »
thanks Helen.
Nice to "see" you back - hope all is well with you?
:)
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 10:00:28 am »
Perhaps your neighbour would prefer to live in a town overlooking a factory chimney maybe - or how about next to a supermarket.  She should count herself lucky  to be looking at pigs etc.!!

Just smiling at her veg been eaten - surely the size of the footmarks showed it must have been one massive rabbit :)  OMG imagine had she come home and actually caught Mildred in the act of eating the veg .......

I have moaning neighbours here - some moan about the horses looking over their fence, others moan about the pigs, and they are across the lane.  Converted barn, townies, and we were here first, so hard luck.  Another neighbour has a fixation about seeing cat poo near where he parks his car (yes, must be MY cats!)  Yesterday, he asked if we were opening a farm machinery business - being sarcastic.  We have a couple of trailers and the Range Rover parked in the field. Due to moving, we have no where else to park them.  He knows this, but I explained yet again.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 01:52:45 pm »
All good thanks L B just reaLly busy workwise. My Boris went Sunday lovely new home with 4 sows so plenty of work, great for him but I was sad to let him go. Last 5 gilts going this Saturday. Will be just Kim and Aggie left as pet pigs.. Sad but too costly to carry on breeding.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 06:15:11 pm »
Ah, sorry to hear that Helen ... but a good if hard decision
:)

Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS