Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fireworks  (Read 1450 times)

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
Fireworks
« on: October 31, 2011, 05:18:30 pm »
We took some fireworks over to the field to see how the pigs reacted to them as we plan on having a little get together on the 5th Nov.

Mattee was laying down feeding the piglets, the weaners were scrapping, the boars were munching and the 2 females were laying down on the warm haylage.

We set off some rockets and none of them moved !! When we set off some screamers the weaners came to the fence to watch what was going on.  They didn't freak out or get stressed :) they were interested more than afraid of them  :pig: Mattee didn't even get up and the piglets carried on feeding.

Is this normal behaviour for pigs?  Being more inquisitive than scared?

Greg

• Joined Oct 2011
Re: Fireworks
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 06:13:17 pm »
 I was going to start a thread about fireworks and pigs.  :wave:

That's good news that they weren't bothered by the fireworks, I just hope mine are the same.

They'll probably want a hot dog and a mulled wine.... Or if they're posh... A pims and lemonade  ;D

Greg

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
Re: Fireworks
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 07:00:06 pm »
lol they might have a bit of cider in the meal that PM or something  :pig: we're planning on having a few ppl over and we've got a camping stove that i'm going to make hot dogs and onions with and my sister in law has an urn that we can use for tea.  The pigs can have the left over bread and onions (prepared in situ) which they'll love.

They honestly didn't batter an eye lid !! The little ones came to the stock fence to see what all the noise was about but they didn't get scared :) result.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS