Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pigs to save mankind.........  (Read 1726 times)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Pigs to save mankind.........
« on: October 21, 2011, 11:20:37 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15385648

Pig to human transplants, know a lady who breeds pigs for heart valves and i have a fireman friend who doen't eat pork because its the nearest to burn't human flesh.
Mandy  :pig:

Tiva Diva

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Scottish Borders
    • Thornielee Cottage
Re: Pigs to save mankind.........
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:21:52 pm »
Yes, I've anaesthetised for quite a few pig heart valve operations. Always wondered what happens to the rest of the pig! Hope it's not wasted.

Blonde

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 01:49:22 pm »
No all parts of the pig are used....from meat meal,  to tanning the skin for leather, carcass is all used for  human consumption.   The guts are also used for human consumption.  those that aren't are I guess thrown in to meat meal.  Ears and noses are dried and used for dog chews.

Stevie G

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 02:31:11 pm »
No all parts of the pig are used....from meat meal,  to tanning the skin for leather, carcass is all used for  human consumption.   The guts are also used for human consumption.  those that aren't are I guess thrown in to meat meal.  Ears and noses are dried and used for dog chews.

And then waste in the UK as it can nolonger be fed. :wave:

Oz being the behind country in alot of ways. :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS