Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Milk  (Read 1991 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Milk
« on: October 20, 2011, 11:29:12 pm »
Actually managed to get just over a pint from my girl tonight.  Does this mean that gutsy Curry is started to be weaned, I ask myself, or was I just lucky with the timing.  :goat:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Milk
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 11:51:46 pm »
Oh, poor Curry ,.....did you beat him to the milk bar then?!!!  One of my pygmy goats still has her daughter running with her - well, pygmy goats are too small to milk.   I had not seen her feeding from her mum for ages and thought she was weaned.  Then, she got through the fence and separated from mum, and was in a right state.  I got her back through the fence, and could not believe it when she dived under mum and had a quick sup of milk.  Must have been like a comfort blanket to her.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Milk
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:30:09 am »
If you want to have some milk of your nanny through the winter I would wean the kid now, otherwise she will soon be dry. (Or dry her off anyway, then mate her again for a new kid and lots of milk next spring!)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS