Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Get my first lot of Pork back in the morning!  (Read 6527 times)

Mel

Re: Get my first lot of Pork back in the morning!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 03:23:11 pm »
Hi FiB,This is the meat from 2.5 Boars. I have to pick the remaining 1.5 next week.My chest freezer is now completely full,and it is not a small one,good job I am getting another from a friend over the weekend!

Pikilily.

I am sorry but I think I shall decline your advice,I stopped eating meat from the supermarkets a few years ago,I only buy from local farm shops-the other,you are right,it is disgusting!

Had sausages for lunch. :yum: absolute heaven! I am really impressed by the Butchers recipe. :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: ;D

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 04:41:23 pm »
Good on yer!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Emma T
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

zackyb

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 05:36:31 pm »
Hi

I have just seen your photo's of your meat - it looks absolutely amazing - well done!

Can you tell me roughly  how much weight of meat you got per pig please?

I am selling half or whole pigs and want to give an average amount of meat that will be on each pig.. so I can advertise honestly. Am due to take my first pigs soon.

Thanks
Amanda

robert waddell

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 07:26:48 pm »
Amanda what you are asking is impossible          what weight of meat somebody else gets is irrelevant to your pigs     unless they weigh exactly the same         the best thing to do is weigh your pigs and give an estimate        when the carcasses come back from the slaughter house the carcase weight should be stamped on it or they will tell you then you have to deduct if you are selling boned out :farmer:

chickenfeed

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 08:49:22 pm »
Amanda what you are asking is impossible          what weight of meat somebody else gets is irrelevant to your pigs     unless they weigh exactly the same         the best thing to do is weigh your pigs and give an estimate        when the carcasses come back from the slaughter house the carcase weight should be stamped on it or they will tell you then you have to deduct if you are selling boned out :farmer:

spot on robert

DeeDee

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 10:06:07 am »
Hi Leghorn

Looks like you've done an absolutely cracking job in raising your pigs - well done! Great to share your success with others too - I love a good news story.

You certainly won't starve over the coming months (and months, and months and ........)!

ENJOY!

Dee

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 10:07:45 am »
hi amanda
we sell ours as 1/2 a pig
no worries regarding wrong weights
we weighed the meat in the boxes when its back to make sure the prices weren't over the top (never are and always get a very good deal!!
customers come back for more.....
Mx :pig: :yum: :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS